Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 525

Thread: Show your Delica's

  1. #81
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Fairlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    747
    Nice additions, Riot.

    General consensus on the different Delica generations would make your last trainer a Delica 3- trainer.
    Delica 2 is the SS Delica's... Except for the Delica IV SS's.
    Yeah, it's confusing!
    Henning
    Certified addict

    Help out at: www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!

  2. #82
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairlane View Post
    Nice additions, Riot.

    General consensus on the different Delica generations would make your last trainer a Delica 3- trainer.
    Delica 2 is the SS Delica's... Except for the Delica IV SS's.
    Yeah, it's confusing!
    Thank you Fairlane,

    What is confusing to me is for 1. the guy called it the D2 trainer when purchaced, and 2. isnt there another trainer with the same handle but different blade? a blade like the new trainers ? which i figured was the D3, all in all im still missing one more i think

  3. #83
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Fairlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    Thank you Fairlane,

    What is confusing to me is for 1. the guy called it the D2 trainer when purchaced, and 2. isnt there another trainer with the same handle but different blade? a blade like the new trainers ? which i figured was the D3, all in all im still missing one more i think
    Please take into account i'm not that big on Delica Trainers.
    But i believe there might be 2 versions of the Delica 3- trainer.

    Still this would be what's called a Delica 3 due to the "generations" that has been established through what we might call consensus

    The Delica's:

    Delica 1- integral FRN- clip
    Delica 2- SS handle Delica's (Originally a different SKU (C43) )
    Delica3- Barrel bolt clip
    Delica 4- Delica 4's including the SS with the Delica 4 blade.

    Looking at it like this, would be in line with how Spyderco used to handle their SKU's and how they handle them now.
    Henning
    Certified addict

    Help out at: www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!

  4. #84
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    thats what i thought actually but I was thrown off by the add description

    too many Delicas, still need more, btw I changed it to a D3 up above
    Last edited by RIOT; 09-12-2008 at 12:37 PM.

  5. #85
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Took some better pics than the usual crap, hope you like.

    These are my new custom g10 D4's from Brad/Tricod

    Blue G10 w/Anso texture

    and Yellow G10 w/Dimple texture

    Brad once again thank you very much, i might even carry the blue one, they came out great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #86
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    another view...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #87
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Fairlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    thats what i thought actually but I was thrown off by the add description

    too many Delicas, still need more, btw I changed it to a D3 up above
    Well,

    There's one article in the Spydiewiki which will be a real job to get right, and that's the Delica one. The Delica has had so many variations if you go down enough, you would be amazed!

    I have 21 in my collection if we count the C76, and i'm guessing there would be 4 times that if you were to have one of each different one.
    The amount of small changes over time to this model is amazing.

    It seems Tony has managed to figure out a lot of them in the Endura- article, but even still...

    Keep looking, there's always a slightly different new Delica to find!

    And nice additions!
    Henning
    Certified addict

    Help out at: www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!

  8. #88
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairlane View Post
    Well,

    There's one article in the Spydiewiki which will be a real job to get right, and that's the Delica one. The Delica has had so many variations if you go down enough, you would be amazed!

    I have 21 in my collection if we count the C76, and i'm guessing there would be 4 times that if you were to have one of each different one.
    The amount of small changes over time to this model is amazing.

    It seems Tony has managed to figure out a lot of them in the Endura- article, but even still...

    Keep looking, there's always a slightly different new Delica to find!

    And nice additions!
    is that spydiewiki up and running completley ?

    even the same models but different blade steels are gonna be tuff, i gotta keep my eye out
    Last edited by RIOT; 09-12-2008 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #89
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Fairlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    is that spydiewiki up and running completley ?

    even the same models but different blade steels are gonna be tuff, i gotta keep my eye out
    I would say so!

    BUT, (There's always a but ) there's a LOT of articles that's not even thought up yet. And it has to be dynamic, considering the pace the great Spyderco factory get new models out. So, yes, it's up and running, but my guess is it will never be complete

    I have a Delica 3 without the boye- dent in my collection, which i bought just because of that, btw. If you start looking into the minor details i'm sure there's at least 80 different versions of the Delica.
    Henning
    Certified addict

    Help out at: www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!

  10. #90
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairlane View Post
    I would say so!

    BUT, (There's always a but ) there's a LOT of articles that's not even thought up yet. And it has to be dynamic, considering the pace the great Spyderco factory get new models out. So, yes, it's up and running, but my guess is it will never be complete

    I have a Delica 3 without the boye- dent in my collection, which i bought just because of that, btw. If you start looking into the minor details i'm sure there's at least 80 different versions of the Delica.
    who is in charge of filling out the wiki info about each knife and all the details about it?

    i have the same knife i bought for the same reason d3 no boye dent, its in the pics here.

    back to the wiki when i looked up delica nothing came up but other models are starting to get filled in, now that i think about it the Delica might be the knife that gets 100% completed last

    still wish i had a check list of all minor differences on each one ever made, so i could check one off and start looking for another, the d3s are coming along, seems like there wasnt too many different ones made compared to the d4s, need the blue d3 and the other red trainer i dont have

    kinda fun picking one model and trying to find them all though


    RIOT

  11. #91
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Fairlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    who is in charge of filling out the wiki info about each knife and all the details about it?
    The one who does it You interested? You can start the C11 Delica article.

    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    i have the same knife i bought for the same reason d3 no boye dent, its in the pics here.
    Thought i'd seen it in here somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    back to the wiki when i looked up delica nothing came up but other models are starting to get filled in, now that i think about it the Delica might be the knife that gets 100% completed last
    It might be, or someone who knows almost every Delica variation might come by and do it all tomorrow. That's the beauty of the Wiki.
    Everyone is welcome to contribute, although in our Wiki you will have to register first.

    Quote Originally Posted by RIOT View Post
    still wish i had a check list of all minor differences on each one ever made, so i could check one off and start looking for another, the d3s are coming along, seems like there wasnt too many different ones made compared to the d4s, need the blue d3 and the other red trainer i dont have

    RIOT
    That's been one of the main ideas about the Spydiewiki, giving people a chance to know most of the variations of different knives without having to trawl trough 1000's of posts on various forums and 25 websites.

    The idea is to have most information about a knife collected in the wiki, and then point you in the right direction for even more indepth information about a particular model if that exists.
    Henning
    Certified addict

    Help out at: www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!

  12. #92
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    ive been carrying spyderco for along time now but im not the one that knows answers, im the one that asks the questions, so id be the last guy to fill out educational info about anything here, but i am learning slowly.

    Yes the spyderwiki is a awesome idea and i cant wait till the Delica section gets filled in accurately

  13. #93
    Spyderco Forum Registered User David Lowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,268
    This is what I had on me today. Here in Ohio it's beautiful outside and very windy. I took the knives out of my pocket and put them on some firewood sitting outside and snapped off some pics.

    In the process of fixing the picture links folks. I accidentally changed some stuff on my site.



















    Last edited by David Lowry; 10-05-2008 at 12:58 AM.
    - - - -
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

  14. #94
    Spyderco Forum Registered User LowSpeedHighDrag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Located in CA, but my heart is still in CO
    Posts
    200
    My newest Delica. A deli 3:


    MOLON LABE

  15. #95
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    back to the crappy pics

    Delica1 CE Aus-8 with the fat clip....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #96
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    David Lowry,

    That blue Delica is the most beautiful Delica i have ever seen!!!

    i have one on the way but, i am sure it will not be like yours, that thing is seriously stunning!

  17. #97
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Spider bite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake County Illinois
    Posts
    348
    Took some pics of the D4W I got back from Krein.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spider bite; 09-21-2008 at 05:41 PM.

  18. #98
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Spider bite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake County Illinois
    Posts
    348
    This one
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #99
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Pink D3 SE (chipped tip) no boye dent, ATS-55....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RIOT; 01-26-2010 at 01:20 AM.

  20. #100
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Delica1 Pink SE unmarked steel type thin clip, CC# 033...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RIOT; 01-26-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •