Page 165 of 180 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3582

Thread: Show off your latest purchase

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Very nice Remnar!

I've got a sweet smurf blue Sage 3 on the way. Should be here on Saturday.
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post

Thank you to a good friend for the opportunity to buy this gem
    So very very jealous. That is a good friend indeed! Please PM me if you ever come across something like this in the wild and aren't in the mood to scoop it up!
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    So very very jealous. That is a good friend indeed! Please PM me if you ever come across something like this in the wild and aren't in the mood to scoop it up!
    I certainly will, especially since I expected you to be the first post after I put this up.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

I promise I don't type ATR in the search field and hit refresh all night
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2

I promise I don't type ATR in the search field and hit refresh all night
    Just once or twice a day....tops.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    Very nice Remnar!

I love that blue and a nice Spydie to boot !

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    Very nice Remnar!

Thanks, I like the smurf blue and I'm sure you'll like the Sage 3. It is amazingly smooth.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I have nothing against the blue on my Lava...I think it looks good, but it's not going to stop me from putting a set of custom scales on it. Perhaps some lava-flow kirinite...still debating a few options.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), "Mystery Spydie (To be revealed)"

-> Branden

Just once or twice a day....tops.
    Ok so clearly I have to live through you now. How are you liking it? Is it going to be a user? What's the compression lock like without a liner? Is the clip as bad as they say? How easy is it to open or close? Is the cobra hood beneficial or a hinderance? Did you have to sell every knife you own to pay for it? It's stainless right? Do you wish it had g-10 scales or are you happy with the stainless steel? Do you mind all the questions? I really hope Sal does a sprint of this knife this year. I guess it's a long shot that it would be in the mid year supplemental catalog. That's only a month away.

I'd absolutely buy an ATR sprint.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), "Mystery Spydie (To be revealed)"

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    I have nothing against the blue on my Lava...I think it looks good, but it's not going to stop me from putting a set of custom scales on it. Perhaps some lava-flow kirinite...still debating a few options.
    Lava-flow kirinite on a Lave would look awesome.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    I have not decided yet. I am thinking I want to find the all black SE version to use and keep this pristine, but who knows. I do want to handle a Ti version to compare weights as well. This knife has a unique history because it was one of only a select few (if not only) Spydercos to be produced in multiple countries.
    That certainly makes sense. I used to know of a place that had the Ti version. Last time I looked they were out of stock, though. (Probably a good thing because God knows I'd just keep lusting after it and wishing I had an extra $489 to spend ).
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Ok so clearly I have to live through you now. How are you liking it? Is it going to be a user? What's the compression lock like without a liner? Is the clip as bad as they say? How easy is it to open or close? Is the cobra hood beneficial or a hinderance? Did you have to sell every knife you own to pay for it? It's stainless right? Do you wish it had g-10 scales or are you happy with the stainless steel? Do you mind all the questions? I really hope Sal does a sprint of this knife this year. I guess it's a long shot that it would be in the mid year supplemental catalog. That's only a month away.

Alright let me tackle this wave of questions one by one. I do plan on using and carrying the ATR after some careful consideration. I don't plan to tear through small limbs while doing yard-work, but it will see edc tasks, some improvised kitchen duty and some cardboard use. The integral compression lock is a bit different at first. It's just a unique feel with compared to the muscle memory of the Para 2, Superleaf, Superhawk, etc.

The ATR was originally before my time so I didn't come into the situation with a pre-determined opinion about the clip. I will admit that the feel in pocket is secure. I don't think I am going to lose the knife via any of my pockets.... even a shirt pocket. The bite is firm and with 2 parallel contact surfaces it should have less wear (in theory) than a standard clip. The action is possibly one of the best parts of this knife. I consider it as smooth as the Caly and the Para 1 combined. This is my first hooded knife I have owned and I can see the advantages and disadvantages. With thinner blade stock it allows more thumb force to be applied without wounding the user. For opening, it really doesn't seem to come into play. It is made of stainless steel not unobtainium so I didn't have to part with half of my collection to afford it. Just some Christmas and birthday cash that I have been putting away in a little rat-hole.

This knife really appeals to me most of all because it is thin. I like thin, for my folders and my Mule teams. The feel in hand most reminds me of the width of the SS Stretch, and that is one of my favorite knives to pocket. I don't think G-10 would work unless it was on the side opposite of the Integral Comp Lock and that really doesn't seem like a traction advantage being on that side. To summarize for you Liquid...... I LOVE IT> Pics to follow in weeks to come. Hope this helps your pain or makes it bad enough you have to go get one yourself.
    My 's:

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by remnar View Post
    Lava-flow kirinite on a Lave would look awesome.
    I'd also consider pairing it with an acid wash to blacken the blade and liners etc, but I'm not as sold on that idea yet. I think it would either look amazing, or terrible, with no middle ground. I'll probably spend the next month or two debating my options, but kirinite scales are almost certain.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Stretch Superblue and a 4-inch Laguiole made by R. David with olive wood and a "brute-de-forge" blade

My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

Beautiful knives and photographs Marcus!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Beautiful knives and photographs Marcus!
    Right on...Nice...
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Just got my Sage 3 in the mail. Everyone who said these are some of the smoothest Spydies are 100% correct. It's the smoothest in my collection.

Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    ^^ nice !

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Now you just need the fancy version.

Nice catch. I was looking for one of those for the longest time.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site