Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3599

Thread: Show off your latest purchase

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    K04 Utility is a terrific knife!
    Very nice pic, Landon!
    In my pocket in the last two weeks, the Breeden Rescue

My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    There was a knife show in Little Rock this weekend and I was able to buy a Spyderco Gayle Bradley from Mr. Gayle Bradley himself. He even opened the package and inspected the knife before he handed it over. He showed me his own Spyderco GB that he says has been in his pocket almost every day for the past 3 years. Very enjoyable visit. I would have loved to have picked up one of his customs but didn't have enough cash on me. I'll make it a point to have some money saved for this show next year.

I'm not new to this knife model. I had one before and it was one of my favorites. I loved it so much that I gifted it to my best friend. He had never owned a quality knife and I wanted him to have one of the best. Anyway, It's nice to have a GB back in my pocket.

As usual, I changed the pocket clip as soon as I got home

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    More open pillar construction with CF scales. Got this for a little over a Benjamin.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusH View Post
    Very nice pic, Landon!
    Thank you. The light struck me when cleaning up after dinner. I couldn't resist a shot. Here was the before cleanup.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    A lovely rainbow of flavors.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Got this recently, great knife but the buying experience sucks! Not impressed with the state of it on arrival, I expected it to be stiff, but the lock has been a nightmare. Seems to be working out slowly....
    Hope I don't need to call on the warranty because although they have a good rep, I have no idea of the terms..

Smf gg z-wear

anndd one for Travis

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Nice - poor can.....

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    Love this knife spyderco delica super blue
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    More open pillar construction with CF scales. Got this for a little over a Benjamin.
    Nice purchase, good price. That's about how much I got mine for.

For the longest time, maybe 6 months, Knifecenter had them for $115. I suggested them so many times that I had to take my own advice.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Not purchases, trades. But I figure it counts...

Dragonfly SS in VG10. First little big knife

Superleaf, really like this knife. I mean. I really, really like it. I read somewhere it was the, "sleeper," 2011. (I think 2011? Correct me if I'm wrong.) If so, that makes me sad, it's truly is a great blade IMHO.

Anyways..

"Love is not self-sacrifice, but the assertion of your own needs and values. It is for your own happiness that you need the person you love." Ayn Rand

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand

Just received this morning. Spyderco Military Sprint in Cru-Wear.
    I am going to attempt to swap blades with my Titanium Military (WHEN I can find a decent user), just for my use.
    I have polished and ano'd the Ti Millitary blue, will replace back spacer with spool TI back spacers ano'd bronze, and heat ano the steel pocket clips, pivot and scale screws bronze.
    Then Ritz dye the Gray G-10 Orange for the s30V blade.
    Of course, this all hinges on the blade swap being compatible. The Sprint has a thin Steel liner lock, while the Ti has a steel insert thicker frame lock.
    Crossing my fingers.

Not a great pic, but here's what I picked up last weekend.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Nice finds, remnar. That Ladybug/Photon combo is kind of tricky to find these days.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNut View Post
    Nice finds, remnar. That Ladybug/Photon combo is kind of tricky to find these days.
    The "knife lady" that I've bought several Spydies from said that she had just pulled the Ladybug out of her personal collection. I love the color and the Spyderco logo on the photon.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by senorsquare View Post
    There was a knife show in Little Rock this weekend and I was able to buy a Spyderco Gayle Bradley from Mr. Gayle Bradley himself. He even opened the package and inspected the knife before he handed it over. He showed me his own Spyderco GB that he says has been in his pocket almost every day for the past 3 years. Very enjoyable visit. I would have loved to have picked up one of his customs but didn't have enough cash on me. I'll make it a point to have some money saved for this show next year.

I'm not new to this knife model. I had one before and it was one of my favorites. I loved it so much that I gifted it to my best friend. He had never owned a quality knife and I wanted him to have one of the best. Anyway, It's nice to have a GB back in my pocket.

As usual, I changed the pocket clip as soon as I got home

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
    That's a pretty special buying experience right there. Congrats. I too recently picked up one of these. It is quickly becoming one of my favourites.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I was going to buy one of the value series folders today as a mule for freehand sharpening practice because I want to try my hand...left with a CruWear Millie instead (My first Spyderco linerlock). Guess my old S30V Native is the freehand sharpening mule...

Last edited by 3rdGenRigger; 02-28-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Great choice Branden. Both on the the model as well as the steel choice. Just don't drop that one from a tower.
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    That only happened once...and I put my knives all the way into the pouch now instead of clipping them to the outside edge. If you can spot the tiny mark left by the gravel on my FRN Native, you have really good eyes. It's almost not discernible to the naked eye, and I have no doubts this would hold up equally well (Not that I'm going to try). This was the 7th time I've walked into my local knife store and had this thing staring up at me through the glass. He got 2 of them in and sold the first one on the day he got them...and every time since then that I've set foot in his shop I've and been surprised to see it still there. And with them mostly sold out online, and because I buy enough knives from him, I was able to get it for an irresistible price. I can't wait to see how CruWear holds up in use.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User David Lowry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souta112` View Post
    Not purchases, trades. But I figure it counts...

Dragonfly SS in VG10. First little big knife

Superleaf, really like this knife. I mean. I really, really like it. I read somewhere it was the, "sleeper," 2011. (I think 2011? Correct me if I'm wrong.) If so, that makes me sad, it's truly is a great blade IMHO.

Anyways..

Love the patina on that truck. Mind if I ask what it is?
    - - - -
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

That is not patina brother, that is flat out rust where the paint is completely worn away. That truck seems well used and loved! If I had to venture a guess I would say late 80s or early 90s ford.
    My 's:

*Landon*