Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Mule

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brad S.'s Avatar

Show your Mule

Well I figured since everyone is starting to get their Mules. Handles and cord wraps are getting done. Lets have a picture thread.

So post your Mule

I'll start of course with mine.

Natural G-10 With an Anso texture. It looks better in person, the picture didnt turn out as well as I woud have liked. And a very simple sheath.

Last edited by Brad S.; 10-27-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spyderwings's Avatar
    Great looking Mule you got there! May I ask what you use to get that textured effect? Is it done with a file?

Looking forward to seeing more pics from other members as well.
    - Jason Dalsgaard
    Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)

Spyderco Forum Registered User jaislandboy's Avatar

Okay

nice job Brad I like it
    Just got this a few hours ago

brian
    "All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brad S.'s Avatar
    The texture is done with a dremel and then a light beadblast to eat away at the resin but not at the glass.
    Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spyderwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricod View Post
    The texture is done with a dremel and then a light beadblast to eat away at the resin but not at the glass.
    Cool. Thanks for replying.
    - Jason Dalsgaard
    Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    Okay, here's mine. Simple cordwrap and even more simple cardboard and duct tape sheath (made to fit in the ruler pocket of my carpenter jeans).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Spyderco Forum Registered User A-Knife's Avatar

Got mine - no camera available (yet)

Hi guys,

I got mine today (could have been Friday, but we were not at home when UPS came). Unfortunately, my wife took the camera to work today, so no pictures yet. I'm looking for some inspiration on the forum what kind of handle to put on. I have two, so I'll probably leave one blank.

BTW, luckily the packaging was good. The point is so sharp that it almost pierced the Spyderco box. Some extra protective material would be good to save the box from being damaged. For the rest, excellent quality and speedy delivery, glad to have them.

André

Spyderco Forum Registered User flipe8's Avatar

Still waitng for mine...

Hopefully, it will be here any day now. Anyone from Canada order one? If yes, has it arrived yet?
    Big time gear snob
    Salt 1
    SFKW sugilite Kiwi
    Techo!
    Byrd Cara Cara II FRN(lives in bunker gear)
    Far too many sold...

Trusting my own experience

Spyderco Forum Registered User toomzz's Avatar

Easyshare with photobucket Older work; two Elmax mules in Multigreen G10 and cocobolo. Corbied as usual...
    Even in times of peace a gentleman still keeps a sword by his side

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by toomzz View Post

Easyshare with photobucket Older work; two Elmax mules in Multigreen G10 and cocobolo. Corbied as usual...
    Those are lovely especially the green the Elmax is a wicked blade and that sheath is great too.

Spyderco Forum Registered User toomzz's Avatar
    Hi guys and girls,

here is my lastest mule, 110V in 'Grenadille' wood. Grenadille is an ebony-species and has just a little shrinkage. I hadn't tried this wood, so I had to. Sorry Ted, next time I will combine some epoxy with wood, great idea The wood is hard, deep dark brown with lighter brown striping and takes a great luster when polished. As usual I corbied the wooden slabs and forgot about a tube this time.
    A little accident ocurred when making the slabs. I never had this before with any mule. While clamped in a vise for filing and sanding the steelpart above the spyderhole cracked. It is barely visible in the picture but there. It will hardly effect the performance of the knife and this one is a keeper, so no problem. Although because of this I am doubting the tensile strength of 110v in my blade. This because I never had broken mule in the past and the vise is always there making handleslabs. Nevertheless enjoy the pictures as I will enjoy this mule Cheers, Tomas

URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Vissekop21/media/20140331_165023.jpg.html][/URL]

Even in times of peace a gentleman still keeps a sword by his side

Quote Originally Posted by toomzz View Post
    URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Vissekop21/media/20140331_165023.jpg.html][/URL]

I said to myself "that looks like African Blackwood".
    After I researched it, it IS African Blackwood.
    I have the Wusthof Ikons in Blackwood, and have 5-6 sets of blackwood scales, including two for hidden tang fixed blades, in the workshop.
    Very resinous, and laughs at water.
    NICE, thank you for sharing.

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTech View Post
    I said to myself "that looks like African Blackwood".
    After I researched it, it IS African Blackwood.
    I have the Wusthof Ikons in Blackwood, and have 5-6 sets of blackwood scales, including two for hidden tang fixed blades, in the workshop.
    Very resinous, and laughs at water.
    NICE, thank you for sharing.
    And... they make clarinets out of it!

Nicely done, Tomas! I really like the look of the contouring - and the Blackwood is extremely classy.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User GEAR_JUNKIE's Avatar

Figured this thread could use a bump. Obviously not finished yet, carbon fiber in the background will soon be on the blade.

JUNK
    "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."

James 4:7-10

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_JUNKIE View Post

Figured this thread could use a bump. Obviously not finished yet, carbon fiber in the background will soon be on the blade.

JUNK
    I am very interested to see how yours turns out.

Spyderco Forum Registered User hickster's Avatar
    Standard warning: Carbon Fiber dust is VERY bad for you. Read up and protect yourself!
    And of course...after action picks are mandatory!
    hickster

Spyderco Forum Registered User GEAR_JUNKIE's Avatar
    Yup I have have been. Long sleeves, gloves, mask (most important). And of course they will be posted. I dunno why the pics didn't resize. Any other forum I've been on they have resized automatically.

JUNK
    "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."

James 4:7-10

Last edited by enrico; 08-23-2009 at 07:57 AM.
    "Sir! We are surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User demtek9's Avatar

Cord Wrapping is HARD!

Probably not as hard as the wood or micarta handles, but first time doing this took me a few hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ...oh you know why!

Spyderco Forum Registered User DMgangl's Avatar
    Demtek9,

That is very impressive.
    Anxiously waiting for a Aogami Super Blue steel Caly 3.5

Come Chat

Smile, it can always get worse