I was wondering how many forum members are into fishing? Any kind at all, ice, freshwater, saltwater, inshore, deep ocean, rivers, lakes, etc. I have always loved to fish. Probably one of my favorite activities ever. Really it's more addictive to me than just about anything else.
So what I'd like to know is this:
1. Type of fishing you do most often (above examples)
2. Favorite location, be specific as you'd like, but don't give away all the secret spots either
3. The top 3-5 species you catch most often, or the top 3-5 you specifically fish for
4. Any gear preferences, this can be reel types, rod types, brands, lures, line, terminal tackle, anything like that.
5. The person you credit with getting you started in fishing, and any you hope to pass on the hobby to
1. Freshwater, usually on the Kinnikinnick, Mississippi, or St. Croix rivers, and a few different lakes in this area of Wisconsin
2. The lower part of the Kinnikinnick river. Fished the same 2 mile stretch of this blue ribbon trout stream since I was 10.
3. Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, Brown Trout, Norther Pike, Smallmouth Bass
4. I generally use Shimano spinning reels, Abu Garcia baitcasters, and various brands of rods. I'd estimate about a 50/50 split between live and artificial lures, and I use many different kinds of line, but have been really enjoying florocarbon the last couple years, as I fish clear water often.
5. Definitely my Grandpa Gary!