Thread: "Pride-Integrity-Guts" Police model ?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

"Pride-Integrity-Guts" Police model ?

Any information will be appreciated regarding my Spyderco carry knife.

I've been carrying it since the mid 80's and am not quite sure what the model number is as it has no model identifier on it.

It appears to be a Police Model in shape, plain edge, with sharp edges on the handle, no chamfer as shown on the current product pictures on the Spyderco Web Site.

The blade has "Spyderco" on one side near the hinge and "Seki-Japan" on the other. The side with "Seki-Japan" also has "Pride - integrity - Guts" etched near the thumb hole.

The lock spring cutout is much closer to the blade hinge end than the current model, as well, It is also appears to be a "left hander" as compared to the current police model picture. I have never seen another with the clip on the side as mine has.

The box has long disappeared so I really don't know what I have. Maybe one of you who is more knowledgeable might be able to ID it for me and perhaps give an indicator of its potential value. I do remember buying it at a Great Western Gun Show for the outrageous price of $35.00, at the time.

Since I am getting rather "Long in the Tooth" I would like to know what it is and if it is worth something, so I can leave it to the right recipient.

Thanks,

Pat

The spyderco you have is a Police Model, limited edition with Pride, Integrity & Guts engraving. It is called the PIG Police Knife. New in the box it is very valuable, carried depends on condition. Probably worth $250 New! Hope this helps. Ron.....

"LOVE DEM SPYDIES!"

Hi Pat. Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Very rare piece. Aproximately 480 lefties made total in the "PIG" Police model(plain & serrated). I've heard $500 to $750 for new in box "righties". Lefties are more rare.

sal