Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy deals @ Sierra

Spyderco Forum Registered User spyderdog's Avatar
    Has anyone found a valid coupon code for anything today? I found an 8% off $88, but that's it. The other code some of you were using appears to no longer be valid.

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Super deal

Got me a Navigator 2.

Already sent it off to STR for some custom green micarta slabs and low-rider clip. The size and ergos on this knife are perfect for me. The VG-10 surgical steel is too sharp OTB. This will be my EDC.

Thanks for the tip.

Spyderco Forum Registered User giant1's Avatar

Unhappy Wont ship knives overseas

Sierra wont ship knives overseas. Whats going on over there Somebody should drag them out of the 19th century
    Collector 118
    What goes around, comes around

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bluntrauma's Avatar
    I ordered one 72 hours ago and it came yesterday. Wow, super fast shipping. The navigator fits perfectly in my hand. It is a rock solid little knife. It is however hard for me to open since I'm a lefty. I do like it though.
    Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
    liveit_loud on Ebay.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dedguy's Avatar
    The now have SE Carbon Fiber Harpys up for $100.
    "Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
    dedguy.net

Spyderco Forum Registered User The CoPilot's Avatar
    Interesting..........the price on the remaining SE Navigator II's is now back up to $39.95.
    Last edited by The CoPilot; 08-20-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    <>< The most important blood trail leads to the Cross ><>
    C09 CoPilots My Specialty

Quote Originally Posted by NativeAmerican View Post
    Interesting..........the price on the remaining SE Navigator II's is now back up to $39.95.
    With all the free advertisement they've gotten, can you blame them?

Also, I believe their big anniversary sale ended over the weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Got me a Navigator 2.

Already sent it off to STR for some custom green micarta slabs and low-rider clip. The size and ergos on this knife are perfect for me. The VG-10 surgical steel is too sharp OTB. This will be my EDC.

Thanks for the tip.
    Oohhh, that sounds nice! Sierras a bit weird, their prices can a couple times in a day if there are heavy sales (I think, I've never really figured it out.)
    Roger

Caveat Emptor

I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.
    That is a pretty unusual fluke. They were bragging to me about their return policy when I ordered there one time. I've never heard of a new one with a cracked blade before. Joe
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User The CoPilot's Avatar
    I'm sure that Spyderco would be VERY INTERESTED in seeing that blade if you would send it to Golden for a replacement.
    <>< The most important blood trail leads to the Cross ><>
    C09 CoPilots My Specialty

Spyderco Forum Registered User Harry White's Avatar
    that must be a fluke. i received two navigators and both were perfect. i also have three more coming tomorrow. i'll let you know what condition they are in when they arrive.

i've never heard of a new knife arriving with a cracked blade! i'm pretty sure there is a return form included in the shipping box -- you may want to contact STP (or spyderco directly). good luck!
    Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Pink Native (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)

I'd call Spyderco and see if they want first crack at it, otherwise I'm sure Sierra will do the right thing. They seem like pretty reasonable folks.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Wilco.

Anyone curious about whether STP will do the right thing can simpy check out their guarantee.

Order a shirt clearly marked "2nds, minor flaws" and if you aren't happy with it they will refund your money.

STP has strong ethical beliefs that they adhere to even if it takes away from their 'bottom line' - much like another company with which we are all familiar....

Spyderco Forum Registered User markg's Avatar
    I got mine yesterday (Navigator II PE). It wiggled free of the Spyderco box during shipment, but still it arrived safe and sound.

I just want them to put those black ATR's on clearance...

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post

I just want them to put those black ATR's on clearance...
    It makes two of us
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

I odered a Nav PE last Thursday and they really messed up my order. By the time they worked everything out the warehouse was out of stock-

But-they came thru in the end and found one for me in there Coyote store and it was shipped out yesterday-I was told. Since it did not come from their warehouse no way to check shipment. Told today I should receive it beginning of next week.
    I am hoping it is one of the newer thinner Nav 2 but no way of know until it gets here.

B

Spyderco Forum Registered User Harry White's Avatar
    FYI -- just got my 3 Nav II PEs from the Brown Man. All three are perfect, as were the two I got earlier from STP. FWIW, all are dated "CG" (March 2007), as was the Vagabond I also received.

I think the Vagabond will be seeing a lot of use in the kitchen. The built-in blade guard is practical and ingenious.
    Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Pink Native (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)