Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

Much of the hostility seems to be centered around the "round hole issue".

After listening to comments, discussion and much thought (which requires time becausae I'm sometimes slow), I have a request.

I am asking you to pull any tag lines or comments that could be percerived as hostile or antagonistic to other companies in the knife industry, while on our forums.

I realize that to many, it is an important issue, and I will admit to being sensitive myself, but a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

We have always tried to "leave shiny footprints" where ever we go. I personally have tried to avoid negative comments towards other companies. (No, I'm not perfect either ) I think it serves to keep thoughts about Spyderco and other companies more positive than negative.

If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, where Spyderco is concerened.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User whitefeather's Avatar
    You da man Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User dedguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolstermanic
    Understood, Sal. To be on the safe side, I've just changed my sig line so it doesn't reference any brands.
    I would just like to point out your signature is just about the best thing ever.
    "Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
    dedguy.net

Spyderco Forum Registered User smcfalls13's Avatar
    Yes sir.

I don't even remember what my tag line is... Gotta go check.
    Scott

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    -Sir Winston Churchill-

Spyderco Forum Registered User Andre V's Avatar
    Your wonderful personality impresses me more and more everyday.
    "So many knives, so little pockets"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Peter1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    ... If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, whjere Spyderco is concerened...
    I always tried to act in this manner and will do so in future, Sal.

It's your business and your company, not mine, I'm your satisfied customer. For my person I see no reason to comment co-decisions for their business/company here or on other forums. You are in the daily business and have the overview and I'm sure you do your best! Thanks for all your efforts and your close relationship to the ELU's!
    Peter - member of Spydiewiki.com group

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
    Spyderco's company motto

Nice one. I like more of Benchmade's knives than Spyderco's, but I don't like Benchmade more than Spyderco.
    I believe that Sal's gesture will make this forum a better place.

Spyderco Forum Registered User flipe8's Avatar

Red face

While I have participated in more than a couple verbal sparring matches, I'll do my best not to do so in the future. Sorry Sal , and everbody else. The irony is that this sort of dispaly of character by Sal is probably why so many of us have been inclined to lash out the way we do when it appears that the company has been wronged.

Classy, as always.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zatx's Avatar
    I've not ever owned a knife other than spyderco, so I can't speak about other brands.

Oh wait.. I did own a Leatherman once. It was great though.

As a "newbie" on this forum, but not to Spyderco, I must say that, That was a very Classy Request!!!
    As someone else said, "You are definitely Da Man"!!! It makes me Proud to be a SPYDERCO customer!

Regards Sonny

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chucula's Avatar
    Whenever I look at my collection of folding knives and wonder why I only have Spyderco's, I remember it is because of this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Chucula; 05-13-2007 at 07:09 PM.

You are truly an inspiration, Mr. Glesser.

I consider myself a user so only own a few dozen knives (probably more than is necessary for a true utilitarian), most of which are Spydies or Benchmade.

But when a close friend was looking for his first "good knife" I had no hesitation in picking the right company--only the right knife. He is very happy with his Salt I.

Thank you, Sir, for good knives, and a very good company.

Spyderco Forum Registered User charge's Avatar
    Hello Sal,

I want to start by saying that I am a newbie to the Spyderco world but plan to stay here. Other than my Leatherman Charge Ti, Spyderco knives are the only blades I carry.

I do know about the "issue" you are refering to and it is what got me interested in Spyderco. Within the last 2 weeks I have aquired my first 3 knives (Delica Wave, D'Allara PE, and a Tasman Salt SE) as well as a Sharpmaker. I am now waiting for a copy of the Spyderco Story to arrive.

I work in the construction/remodeling trade and use many types and brands of tools, but this is the first time that a company has captured my interest enough to want to learn everything I can about it.

I only know you from my Sharpmaker DVD, but I could tell you are classy gentleman. Your request proves this even more. I am honored to be part of the Spyderco family . Thank you for the hard work and determination it takes so that we can enjoy your products.

I think it is best for those of us who are touchy with this issue to show it by supporting Spyderco even more!

Thank you Sal and all of you here for a great place to hang out.

Sincerely,

charge

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    The irony is that this sort of dispaly of character by Sal is probably why so many of us have been inclined to lash out the way we do when it appears that the company has been wronged.
    Filipe8, very well put. This has been the case with me admittedly, and a few more people here as well. It's difficult not to even knowing Sal has taken care of himself pretty well without us. This is Sal's house though so if he doesn't want the dogs to bark then the dogs won't bark. I guess that's settled.

I suppose we have to behave at blade forum too now eh? Joe
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User spydutch's Avatar
    You're the One Sal

Personally I'm not even slightly interested in other brands(I don't even LOOK at them) for Spyderco is the only company who makes fully serrated knives(and sharpens them for you)

There's only one hole for me and that's the hole accompanied with a Spyder on the blade
    Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal)

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge

Thanks for making me the Avatar, Dialex

Spyderco Forum Registered User Th232's Avatar
    Acknowledged, and done Sal. You're definitely a better man than I am, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
    Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Spyderco Forum Registered User ruxton's Avatar
    Signature edited.
    "Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee

I rarely post anymore, but to this, sal, I say amen.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by sal
    This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal
    Thank you Sal.
    As an overseas collector of multiple brands including of course Spyderco
    I welcome your words !!!
    You have said what I was thinking.
    You guys can be proud on Sal and Spyderco but also the whole US knife industrie that is still out there producing great Amerikan quality knives.
    We don't want all of the knives to be made in China........
    A strong US knife industrie is important to all users, collectors, economy in general and of course the (US) people that work in the branche.
    Here in Europe we have seen way to much jobs and fine industrie that went to China.
    You don't have to support other brands but please live in peace.
    Live and let live.
    Thanks for keeping this board a friendly place for all kind of folk.
    My addiction
    --------------------------------------------
    Patience is never more important than when you are on the verge of losing it.