Thread: Where to buy Spyderco Knives

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Question Where to buy Spyderco Knives

E-mailed customer service and they said most online retailers are not authorized (Spyderco Policy is to sell at full retail). I'm wondering who's an authorized online retailer.

Also interested to know if these "unauthorized" retailers have first quality knive or if there's problems with them. I'm talking about One Stop Knife Shop, Knife Center, etc.

Matthew

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    I think one of us is a little confused (and it may well be me ). I think it is Spyderco's policy that THEY sell at full MSRP online, to prevent undercutting other dealers, especially those who buy from a distributor who takes his cut. After all, the manufacturer could afford to sell to the public at wholesale just like they sell to distributors, and the dealers would be out of business.

There are a number of good, reliable dealers online. New Graham Knives and Knives Plus are two that I have dealt with in the past, and will use again.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Spyderco Forum Registered User fellyjr's Avatar
    Hi MDLockard and welcome to the forum!
    I have had very good luck with New Graham Knives and use them a lot for my Spyderco purchases. They are very competitive with there prices and have great customer service and the knives I've received from them have been top quality. I'm not sure if they are considered an "authorized" Spyderco dealer but I do know that a lot of Forumites deal with them and I personally haven't heard any negative things about them. Here is a link if it will help

http://newgraham.com/default.aspx

Spyderco Forum Registered User mike biz's Avatar
    I just ordered some stuff from New Graham given their excellent reputation on this and other forums. I have had contact with their customer service about available models and they have responded promptly and answered all of my questions.

I have bought Spydercos from Savson Swords and Knives and the service was very good. They are typically a few bucks cheaper than New Graham, but it's probably six of one, half dozen of the other.

I also just received one of the last PE Lil' Temps from Spyderco direct and the service was excellent, but you will pay MSRP. Thought it was my best chance to get one without going into a bidding war or risk getting something that wasn't new.

All in all there are quite a few reputable online dealers to choose from. Checking out the forums is a great way to get excellent information. The folks on this forum are very helpful. Good luck.

mike biz

Spyderco Forum Registered User 4 s ter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDLockard
    E-mailed customer service and they said most online retailers are not authorized (Spyderco Policy is to sell at full retail). I'm wondering who's an authorized online retailer.
    In order to become a Spyderco dealer one must have a "storefront" operation - an actual "bricks and mortar" presence. Many Online dealers have both online and B&M operations (New Graham Knives) and are listed in Spyderco's dealer directory. Others that are online retailers only are not (as I understand it) "authorized" Spyderco dealers and they get their stock through distributors.
    David

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
    "Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS

Thank you for that information, David. Knives Plus also has a brick and mortar store, which is how I generally deal with them, since they are only about 2 1/2 hours away (that is close out here). Great folks!

Thanks for the help, have used One Stop Knife Shop Previously

My three Spyderco's are from the One Stop Knife Shop (a S.P.O.T., a Civillian and the most recent the Military SE). All are great knives which is why I'm slowly replacing my knife collection (fund permitting) of Columbia River Knife Tool with Spyderco. CRKT's are great until you get a Spyderco.

Forgot to comment about Ones Stop Knife Shop

I've had good luck with One Stop Knife Shop but will try the suggested retailers. With the Knife Shop I'm leary of having to make a return and have heard bad things about customer service. Great prices but you give up service to get them.

Spyderco Forum Registered User UK KEN's Avatar

Jfj

John at J.F. Jensen......

http://www.johnfjensen.com/acatalog/...derco%20Knives

Has some excellent discontinued items at remarkable prices and is a great bloke to deal with. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Cheers, Ken

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    I'm another great fan of both New Graham Knives, for current production models, and J F Jensen for discontinued ones. I have also used Country Knives in Intercourse, PA a few times. They charge full MSRP, but offer superb service and often have knives long after the discounters have run out of stock. Received good service from 1SKS when I dealt with them as well, but they don't stock as complete a selection of Spyderco products as NGK.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User UK KEN's Avatar

New Graham Knives

Paul

You are right there! NGK are hard to beat for the current knives.

Ken