Thread: Numbered Native 5?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Numbered Native 5?

Just bought a Native 5 in G10 off of ebay, and it has 048 etched into the blade next to the bug. Is there any significance to the number or is it there...just because? Thanks guys
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but the knowledge that some things are more important than being afraid.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    It means you bought it from koolaubob on eBay, the gentleman who owns the Collector Club #048 slot.

I have his SB Caly 3.5
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    As Radioactive noted, it is a collector's club number. You happened to buy the knife originally owned by collector #48. For further info about the collector's club numbering, check out Paul's excellent synopsis: http://paulberetta.com/spy101_numbered_knives.htm
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Thank you jabba for posting the link. Seems this guy has been clearing his collection on eBay the last month or so... Prices are a bit too high for many and they're not moving, but he does have a nice selection available (I'm not affiliated with him, I just love my SB Caly 3.5 but he sold that many months ago).
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King