Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1377

Thread: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Although this now has its own thread......I guess it now qualifies as a "bombshell" or potential bombshell in its own right. Sorry for the earlier commentary on the G10 colour that caused confusion for some people who were expecting to see a new bombshell.

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Hi ManixFan,

Thanx for sharing our thoughts. We appreciate the time and effort. (from the ZDP thread)

I decided to start another thread on the Stretch so as not to hijack the ZDP thread any more. Apologies.

I designed the Stretch for me. That's why we're extending the time and cost to CQI the finger choil. The mod on the finger choil is the same as the Caly, though the Stretch is a much wider model. I'm enjoying the mod on the prototype. It's a very refined dcesign, in my opinion, and will improve the FRN version.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of brown, but It's ok and we do need variety. I use brown canvas micarta on my Temperance design. More for grip than appearance. I am a fan of ZDP. If the Stretch in the G-10 format is well received, I have no problem making variations. We won't be using black Nishijin until we use up the ton of blue that we made. I'll see if I can convince my staff to double up on the order and make a carbon fiber (buffed regular CF). Anybody else interested in a buffed CF version?

sal
    Last edited by ManixFan; 05-25-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User rescueseven's Avatar
    Eric, Peter Roque and I have redesigned the D'Allara and will be making a newer version with an open ball.

sal

Hope it doesn't take to long.

R7
    "We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
    WTC #1398 Bless their souls
    C07P C10FPGYE C10JBOP C10PGRBBW C10PSGRWBK C10PSTA C36CF90VP C36FGD2P C41GP5 C41BBK C41PPR C63GP3 C64JPBK C70BKS C71TNPS C75P3 C79PSBK C81GSBK C82BK C82PSBK2 C86P C94GP C95GP C95GP2 C98P C101GPS C101G2 C101PDBL2 C109SLP C115CFP C122GPS C122GS C136GP K04PBK K04SBK K08BK MT01P MT02P MT03P MT05P MT08P MT10P T01PS WTC

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Eric, Peter Roque and I have redesigned the D'Allara and will be making a newer version with an open ball.

sal
    Hot Damn!!!!! I'm already saving my pennies for this!!! That just made my day!
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Sal's just full of bombshells today!

The Caspian was a nice design, but actually it was part of a model development that began with the SPOT, which was based on Fred Perrin's index finger hole as part of the handle. The latest in that model development is the Swick3 model. The Perrin Finger Hole permitted holding onto the knife while still using your fingers (not having to put the knife down) and it also made if very difficult to drop the knife or have it taken from you. As we continue to make short runs of the model, we refine it. I think we're close with the Swick3. Halpern is making handles for the Swick3 and SheathPro is making sheaths. The next run (leaf blade Swick3) will come with pocket sheaths.

sal
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

I found the following bombshell on Australian Blade Forums.

Nice pieces Pap.

We're considering a run of Aqua Salts.

sal

Quote Originally Posted by cgjones View Post
    I found the following bombshell on Australian Blade Forums.
    This was just confirmed in another thread here

We're planning a run of Aqua Salts black handle black blade plain and serrated versions.

sal

Thanks Invective. I hadn't seen that thread.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Sal has confirmed an ATR sprint!

We'll probably make the upcoming sprint with the old clip.

sal
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    That just made my day...the old clip suits the knife better too. Has the steel choice been mentioned?
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I remember Sal saying that it would be made in Seki if I'm not mistaken. Seki usually means good 'ol VG-10 right?
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Time to change your subscription update settings guys. An ATR sprint is gonna cause all kinda posts in the bombshell thread! Like mine. Very happy about this news. We are all blessed to have these classics come back at our request (or even just because Sal wants to).
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    Ti ATR was S30V, Steel model was VG10 IIRC.
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User rescueseven's Avatar
    I just got back from Japan and we're rekindled an old relationship with our kitchen knife maker (Masahiro) and we're going to make kitchen knives again.

sal
    I hope we see them by Christmas.
    "We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
    WTC #1398 Bless their souls
    C07P C10FPGYE C10JBOP C10PGRBBW C10PSGRWBK C10PSTA C36CF90VP C36FGD2P C41GP5 C41BBK C41PPR C63GP3 C64JPBK C70BKS C71TNPS C75P3 C79PSBK C81GSBK C82BK C82PSBK2 C86P C94GP C95GP C95GP2 C98P C101GPS C101G2 C101PDBL2 C109SLP C115CFP C122GPS C122GS C136GP K04PBK K04SBK K08BK MT01P MT02P MT03P MT05P MT08P MT10P T01PS WTC

On the Native5 lightweight over on BF

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    We've been building them. Should have enough to begin shipping next month.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    Louis Graves designed that "Crock Stick" model about 1978. Then I showed him how to shapren a fish hook in the groove between the stored tods, He patented the idea (with my consent) and produced an injecion molded version. I miss louis Graves. A great man.

We're working on a new Urban (leaf) FRN made in Maniago.

sal
    Sounds good for urban fans.
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

RE: the Autonomy on BF...

There are two versions. The Coast Guard version has a orange handle, no safety and no clip.
    The "regular" version will have a black handle with a safety and clip.
    Plain edge version is not available at this time.
    They should be shipping in the next few weeks to our dealers that carry autos.

sal

Quote Originally Posted by The Mastiff View Post
    Ti ATR was S30V, Steel model was VG10 IIRC.
    You recall correctly. And an integral Compression Lock in Ti is such a lovely feeling.

From the cutting cardboard thread,
    We're not making the K05 yet, but we are making the K04. (K05 by Christmas)

sal
    Sounds like they still anticipate them by Christmas.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Autonomy Follow Up

We are currently building the orange Autonomy for the USCG and will be meeting with them soon to finalize details of delivery. Once we successfully meet the needs of the USCG we will determine if and how we would potentially release the orange Autonomy to Dealers/Distributors who service the military.

The current ETA for the all black Autonomy is this fall.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Met with the maker last week. Should have more info soon.

Plan is Ladybug hawkbill, black H1 blade, USN green handle, plain and serrated.

sal

This was posted over on the USN forums, I don't think it made it into this thread yet.

Grizz