Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1377

Thread: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Is this choil mod going to result in a third generation Stretch?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Yep, I vote for sb on the new stretch sprint too. Or m4?!

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Is this choil mod going to result in a third generation Stretch?
    From my understanding, possibly. If they are received well.

I'm just getting into acquiring Stretches (as I've only recently come into the obsession of knife collecting) and really like this knife. If there is going to be a new CF sprint with a redesigned choil then why not put it out in a steel that it hasn't seen yet? I also like M390 and would love to see a version of the Stretch with M390 or the Carpenter equivalent CTS 204P. There is already a Super Blue Stretch - which I will be getting as soon as it ships; I have the ZDP 189 already and am probably going to get the Damascus Nishijin (for a "prettified" VG10 version). There is already a ZDP-189 version in CF so why not M390 or CS 204P - it is a great steel!

Can anyone think of any drawbacks to making a version of this knife in this steel?

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    It's a Japan made model so they are limited to what the maker is willing to use in this case Japanese steels. Always been a limiting factor, I even asked Sal if he could move the Stretch to Taiwan to open up possibilities but he said that's not gonna happen. It would be disrespectful to do so which I understand. There's many steels I'd like to see on my favorite knife But I'll take what we can get at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    It's a Japan made model so they are limited to what the maker is willing to use in this case Japanese steels. Always been a limiting factor, I even asked Sal if he could move the Stretch to Taiwan to open up possibilities but he said that's not gonna happen. It would be disrespectful to do so which I understand. There's many steels I'd like to see on my favorite knife But I'll take what we can get at this point.
    Ok - thanks for the explanation. I was hoping for a more stainless version in something more exotic than VG-10 but ZDP is still been fairly decent against corrosion so far for me. I guess that Japan is not willing to use anything but Japanese steel from what your saying - even if another steel is supplied to them?

I guess another VG-10 or ZDP-189 in carbon fiber would be nice especially since I don't have an original CF Stretch and I was considering picking one up. Getting the new and improved version in ZDP-189 with the new choil would give me a more upscale looking version of the FRN model that I already have but with better ergonomics. I still haven't got my Stretch Super Blue - which will be my first foray into that metal but think that I would prefer something more stainless for an EDC with more pocket time.

I guess the upside of that is that means there is still hope for me to see a Domino Sprint run in S110V, M390 or CTS 204P

Unless there is some other factor that might prevent this that I'm unaware of
    Please enlighten me if that is the case and I'll try to come to terms with the pain that thought causes me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Scottie3000's Avatar
    The Domino has quickly become my new favorite and will surely be inducted into my "hall of fame" along with the Stretch and Para2. I would love to see a Sprint or two of the Domino! They could do G-10 for the handle to mitigate some of the cost of more expensive steel.
    On order: CF S110V Native, S110V Manix Lightweight
    Current pocket hog: Domino
    Next up: Bolstered Cocobolo Stretch???

Spyderco Forum Registered User 1965ford's Avatar
    How about H1 Stretch with yellow G10 or FRN and black coated blade. Many might find it fugly, but I think that it would look cool.

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    What's with all the chatter? I keep hoping for bombshells and get let down...
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Quote Originally Posted by araneae View Post
    What's with all the chatter? I keep hoping for bombshells and get let down...
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1965ford View Post
    How about H1 Stretch with yellow G10 or FRN and black coated blade. Many might find it fugly, but I think that it would look cool.
    I would take one of those with the yellow!

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    This is a casual bombshell... Pingo sprint:

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Elmax & Ti.

sal
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Spyderco/Strider collab:

We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    Spyderco/Strider collab:
    ho.lee.chit.

want.

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar
    Hi Folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    Spyderco/Strider

This is Awesome.

But just because it would be the only way I could ever get some Strider in my collection.
    Stay Sharp!

Spyderco Forum Registered User mark greenman's Avatar
    Epic casual bombshell, in regards to future fixed blades:

We have, in-the-works; a Bob Taylor designed Pygmy Warrior, a Gayle Bradley fixed blade, a Phil Wilson B & T, a Sam Owens H1 neck knife, a Chris Claycomb "NASA" version of the Bushcraft model (full flat S90V, CF handle), a Design called the Dutchman designed for Bushcraft (still a ways off), a "Swick" leaf and several Mule Teams.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by araneae View Post
    This is a casual bombshell... Pingo sprint:
    Where is this in the forum?

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark greenman View Post
    Epic casual bombshell, in regards to future fixed blades:
    Thanks, so Sal confirmed it! Phil Wilson BT Sprig is a go!
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cricket Bite's Avatar
    In refering to the Native 5 lightweight-
    "I know they're in production now. Mine gets quite a bit of carry time."
    sal

Woooohooo. Now I will be spending all my time refreshing my favorite shop website to see when they drop.
    Iíve come to conclude that Fettucini Alfredo is just Mac-and-Cheese for food snobs.
    ó Neil deGrasse Tyson