Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1257

Thread: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadobbq View Post
    Hey no bumping the Bombshell thread, got me excited for nothing!
    That's what I'm saying!
    Water babies singing in a lily-pool delight
    Blue powder monkies praying in the dead of night
    Here comes the black queen, poking in the pile
    Fie-fo the black queen, marching single file

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    From blade forums regarding the military 2.

Hi uofaegr,

As you say, there is a Mil 2 in-the-works. As mentioned, the current model (which has been improved regularly over the past 15+ years), will remain in the line. The Walker linerlock offers some unique advantages that the Military model appreciates. the stop lock is refined enough to put into a model, but the capacity in Golden to keep up with current Millie models won't be expanding until after SEP (When the new building will be finished). As Singularity said (and he's been around long enough to have a good idea of our habits), it could be a while.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    thanks for the update liquid! Can't wait to see what the Mili2 has to offer
    -----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    Sal's mention of a stop lock got my attention (as I'm not otherwise drawn to the Military). First I've heard of this mechanism but hardly the first time Sal has mentioned it. Note the date of this link...
    IN MY POCKET: Air plus one from Manix/Native/Caly/Stretch/Para Military family. RECENTLY ARRIVED: SB Stretch Lightweight. ON MY RADAR: S110V Manix2 Lightweight (pre-ordered); CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5; Pingo. HOLY GRAILS: 440V Starmate (PE); Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 83mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Marc <- groupthink doubter since 1984 (first read in 1965...)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Leif's Avatar
    What is the stop lock like? Do we know?
    Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

Current EDC: Paramilitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Leif's Avatar
    Thanks. Still leaves me scratching my head, but this probably isn't the thread for delving into theories.
    Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

Current EDC: Paramilitary 2

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Thanks. Still leaves me scratching my head, but this probably isn't the thread for delving into theories.
    Me too. I'll be first in line for the Millie2 to find out though, that's what I know.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Greg Walker's Avatar
    Hi, Sal -

How close to release of Pigmy Warrior are we?

Awaiting with bated breath.

Greg
    Greg Walker (Retired)
    United States Army Special Forces

"No Fallen Comrade Left Behind"

This is not the thread to bump. got me excited for no reason haha

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    We are experimebnting with a new abrasive for the sharpmaker. At least as coarse as Diamond, perhaps more so.

sal
    This is a good news. People were begging about this for ages.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Sweet! Thank the maker!
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

In regards to the lil temp

We're waiting on a sample from a maker in Seki. Plan is to make a G-10 version to check the design and eventually an FRN version.

sal

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Bronze Chaparral anyone?

Hi Blerv,

We have a bronze Chaparral in-the-works.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    In a thread discussing a smaller Szabo:

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Hi Austonh,

Thanx much for the input. We'll consider the concept. We do have a couple of Laci's designs in-the-works, but none like the original.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Greg Walker's Avatar
    Just located TailorMade Hobbit, marked with Soldier of Fortune logo and SOF Anniversary date, one of 52 made. Unused and with River City sheath.

On its way to my collection now

Awaiting further news on sheathwork for Pigmy Warrior and release of this evolution of the Warrior Knife.

Did talk with Randy Wanner a few months ago. He still has the original prototype as ground in a garage from a piece of steel picked up off the floor. Unsharpened, just the basic concept in physical form. Pretty neat.
    Greg Walker (Retired)
    United States Army Special Forces

"No Fallen Comrade Left Behind"

RE the new Kiwi:

They're starting to come in, but it's not a high volume production, so it will take a few months before we have enought to begin shippng.

sal

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    Currently testing a SB Manbug production sample.

sal
    Not sure if this is a bombshell but they are coming... yippie...

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Hi SaintlyBrees,

I guess I lied. Some things are moving faster than exected. I'm currently testing a production sample of a Lt Wt Midnight blue (the S110V color) Manix in S110V.

sal
    The Manix LWT S110v is coming in hot fellas! Faster than I expected....

Also, if I comprende corectly, "Midnight blue" is the new S110v color? Or just a distinct blue from the standard BD1 blue to differentiate the two?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    The Manix LWT S110v is coming in hot fellas! Faster than I expected....

Also, if I comprende corectly, "Midnight blue" is the new S110v color? Or just a distinct blue from the standard BD1 blue to differentiate the two?
    This is great news. I've been wishing for something like this since the original came out. I love the knife but have never been fond of the steel.