Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1385

Thread: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    forum military 2! count me in
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    +1
    Or may be even +2, if g10 will be dark green
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    You sure he's not talking about the Military 2 with stop lock?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Could someone post the link to Sal's comment so we could get the context? I was wondering if he meant, for example, the forum piece would be a Millie 2 in Cru-wear and gray G-10

...or could this be the way rumors get started ?
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Peter1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    Could someone post the link to Sal's comment so we could get the context?
    I am pleased to do this:
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ion-for-Mr-Sal
    Peter - member of Spydiewiki.com group

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
    Spyderco's company motto

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1960 View Post
    OK, that comment by Sal yesterday was not any different from other comments by Sal over the past year about how a Military 2 is on the project list, but a lot of other projects are in front of it b/c, well, the Military 1 doesn't have anything urgently wrong with it. Tip up vs. down is not an urgency.

"When" is an ambiguous word when you think about it... next year? 2015? 2016? My money is on 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1960 View Post
    Thanks for the link, Peter.

So the context was mainly in answer to this question on the Blade Forum:

Quote Originally Posted by yoko View Post
    Can we get a blade forum military or manix 2! I promise not to leave it in a box and have heavy marks of usage all over it within a couple months

Pretty pretty please?!

Ok I got that out of my system again lol
    Then there was some talk mainly by people arguing in favor of either the Manix2 or Millie Blade Forum knife, and Sal replied:

right now, we're getting ready to start shipping a Millie in Cruwear (Joe's model). I'm using a production piece now.

Maybe when we make the "2" model, we'll do a forum piece?

sal
    So it seems pretty straight forward that he was talking about the possibility of a Millie2 forum knife for the Blade Forum. Correct me if I'm wrong. However he didn't specify whether if would be, say, the next forum knife, the one after next, etc. I don't know when the next one is due, but I would guess he meant maybe the next one after the Millie2 is ready for production.

I think Sal said in another thread there were several other projects on the drawing board now along with the Millie2, so I would expect that it would be a long time before it goes into production, probably IMO probably not in time for the next forum knife, unless it's not due for a long time. Edit: DunninLA already elaborated on this time factor in the preceding post
    Last edited by DougC-3; 08-21-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Orangeneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    +1 if it's S90V in Smurf Blue.

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    Thanks for the link, Peter.

So the context was mainly in answer to this question on the Blade Forum:

Then there was some talk mainly by people arguing in favor of either the Manix2 or Millie Blade Forum knife, and Sal replied:

So it seems pretty straight forward that he was talking about the possibility of a Millie2 forum knife for the Blade Forum. Correct me if I'm wrong. However he didn't specify whether if would be, say, the next forum knife, the one after next, etc. I don't know when the next one is due, but I would guess he meant maybe the next one after the Millie2 is ready for production.

I think Sal said in another thread there were several other projects on the drawing board now along with the Millie2, so I would expect that it would be a long time before it goes into production, probably IMO probably not in time for the next forum knife, unless it's not due for a long time. Edit: DunninLA already elaborated on this time factor in the preceding post
    There is no schedule for forum knives on Bladeforums. We've done one in the Traditional subforum every year since 2006, but the last one in the Spyderco subforum was before that.The Blue PE SpyderHawk I think was the last one.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    My S110V Native averaged 63.0 on 3 tests (62.9 - 63.6 - 62.5).

sal

Dunno if this qualifies as a bombshell but I thought I'd bring this up in case others didn't see it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I'm thinking 2 could mean that there has only been one Bladeforum knife from Spyderco.

I could be very wrong, but I think I've only heard of one.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    I believe there was a blue FRN Bladeforums Native before the SpyderHawk.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by yablanowitz View Post
    There is no schedule for forum knives on Bladeforums. We've done one in the Traditional subforum every year since 2006, but the last one in the Spyderco subforum was before that.The Blue PE SpyderHawk I think was the last one.
    I appreciate the information. For me, being new there, it's pretty hard to dig out info like that on such a huge site.

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    I recall asking Phil about it and he said that it is designed after his Bird and Trout custom. A bit smaller blade all around with up to a 4 inch blade. It is a ways off though as what was at SHOT this year was a very early concept model. I've been salivating over this idea and would love for this to come into fruition! I'd be first in line for one.

I'd want one as soon as they came out. Maybe S110 OR K390 since Spyderco has recently made knives in these steel. We can only dream for now.

i would love a bird and trout! Phil Wilson has knocked Sal out of number 1 and has become my favourite knife designer (sorry Sal! ). His knives are amazing.

love Sal's designs for small folders and Phil's for all sizes of fixed blades
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    With Sal and Phil, we are in good hands as knife nuts and steel junkies.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    With Sal and Phil, we are in good hands as knife nuts and steel junkies.
    Amen

-Spencer

Phil's knives are so thin I'd worry about using them for anything else than slicing food. Then that's one expensive fillet knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Sal posted this a couple hours ago on Bladeforums regarding the Karahawk release:

Hi wqorship,

Thanx for the interest. We just received a message that the production was pushed back a month. I'm guessing in the next 60 days barring any other unforseen problems.

The prototype that I have is still being used by me, so I'm sorry, I can't send it to you .

sal

So looks like we will be waiting a little longer than expected for the Karahawk. I don't mind waiting. This is my must have Spydie for the year.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    I should probably mention that the Cruwear Military is CPM Cruwear. The first powdered Cruwear to be used in production. I'm sure enjoying mine.

sal
    I'm sure this has been said before, but I hadn't picked up on it. One more thing making it collectible and harder to resist.

Edited by DougC-3; Today at 02:38 AM. Reason: "correction"

Re-edit to hopefully correct the correction:
    I originally posted this as though it meant this Millie is the first production run of any kind in powdered Cruwear, then got cold feet, thinking other things may have been produced already, and deleted that part of the post. Now it looks like I may have got it right the first time ():

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Hi Toxicbot,

I'll test my "Mastiffwear" piece tomorrow.

Hey Joe,

Crucible and Niagara have been working hard to make special steels for the knife afi's. They are to be commended. When we were ordering the steel, we were informed that they had just made a billet of CPM Cruwear and were we interested? Spyderco? Interested in a new high performance blade steel? Why would they think that?

sal
    I hope they make 2 or 3 thousand, so there'll be enough to go around !!
    Last edited by DougC-3; 08-25-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: correction