Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1256

Thread: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    We have a Swick 4 in both a leaf and warncliff scheduled for later this year. Sprint runs of each. Like the others, there are slight mods to refine the design. Also has mounting holes for scales.

sal
    Of course it had to be a sprint run. Now I'll HAVE to get it...

Spyderco Forum Registered User CarbonFiberNut's Avatar
    Sal just dropped two more...

Regarding multi-bladed Spydercos:

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Hi RanCoWeAla,

Thanx for the suggestion. We are working on a number of multi-bladed models. We'll watch the thread and see what you think.

sal
    and regarding kitchen knives:

As an aside, some of you know that we have been working on a project o try to make kitchen knives in China with CTS-BD1 stainless from Carpenter. The project has take longer than we'd hoped, but we're still working on it.

In the meantime, we have contacted our original maker in Japan and we have a working relationship with them now. We had run into some problems wrapped around the trading company, but we've got it sorted. Sssoooo, we going to do a run of some of the original kitchen knives, one model at a time, with the original MBS-26 steel and the original handles. We'll begin with the K04 in both black and blue handles. Assuming reaction is acceptable, we'll follow up with the K05, (black and red handles), K08 and K09.

We've redesigned the knives, but the new design won't be tooled until we get the BD1 issues sorted.

sal
    ◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
    ◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
    ◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?

Spyderco Forum Registered User CarbonFiberNut's Avatar
    How about another?

Eric and I spoke with the maker earlier this year about a Salsa sprint run. Current thoughts are no "Cobra Hood" and a Titanium version with an integral compression lock.

sal
    ◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
    ◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
    ◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    all of the sb models in-the-works will be the same laminate. that includes: Endura, stretch, delica, dragonfly, ladybug and manbug. Each model will be coming out a couple of months after the previous one.

Sal
    sweet!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Sorry for my ignorance what is Sal referring to with 'SB' models .

Quote Originally Posted by Bladekeeper View Post
    He was confirming the Laminate construction of the new Superblue Sprints that are arriving through the fall. This was the first mention I recall of the Manbug and Dragonfly being confirmed.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladekeeper View Post
    Super Blue steel.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Ahh thanks I'd imagine the price point will be a fair bit higher ?.
    Haven't used SB myself yet though so it will be a good chance , as I missed the MT .

Spyderco Forum Registered User einstein2001's Avatar
    Good news for the Manbuggers.
    Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
    Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
    Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
    ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly

-Brandon

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    great to get confirmation on the Dfly!! def need one or four of those!
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein2001 View Post
    Good news for the Manbuggers.
    That sounds bad.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    That sounds bad.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    That sounds bad.
    Sounds like a name of band from the 60's or something... "Now, ladies and gentlemen, here's the Manbuggers with their latest hit 'Super Blue' "

Mr. Glesser, I hope you are considering more MB sprints, especially in G10 with those beautiful bolsters. Heck, we need more bolstered knives in general (e.g., Dragonfly!!!!!)!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Bladeforums post on the S90V Bushcraft! Please reply over there to let Sal know you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Hi David,

It's still on the project list but we still question the size of the market for the model. We have many models in-the-works competing for production time. Let's see how this thread progresses. I'll make some inquiries with staff.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Bladeforums post on the S90V Bushcraft! Please reply over there to let Sal know you're interested!
    thats great news!
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    I think these are worthy
    From here: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...t-the-Military

Regarding the LE Military:
    The left hand version wasn't disco'd. We make them every now and then. We just don't want to make and inventory them continuously as the volume is low.

sal
    Although it was on the Disco'd list for 2013, it's apparently only been shelved for a period of time. Ned Flanders rejoice!

While responding about the Military2:
    Even when the "2" does come out, we'll keep the original.

sal
    That is good news. The Classic won't be going anywhere AND we get to look forward to what's in store as the model progresses.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Manix LWT S110v Blue, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Confirmed!
    We have, in-the-works; a Phil Wilson B & T....sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Just to add... I love this thread! I have read it entirely, way before I even joined here.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Manix LWT S110v Blue, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Confirmed!
    We have, in-the-works; a Phil Wilson B & T....sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    This thread is like Christmas
    Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5

From another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser
    right now, we're getting ready to start shipping a Millie in Cruwear (Joe's model). I'm using a production piece now.

Maybe when we make the "2" model, we'll do a forum piece?

sal

Sweet.... production piece in the man's hands and a possible 2" model later. Joe is going to be so excited.
    My 's:

*Landon*