Thread: Question on the Navigator II

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sundown's Avatar

Thumbs up Question on the Navigator II

Hi, all. I just picked one up yesterday and love it. I can see a much wider space between the blade and the scales than on my other SS handled Spyderco's. Must mean thicker washers. Does anyone know what kind are used on the Nav II?

Also, one of the things listed about this knife is a "strong lock", and it sure looks to be true. This thing is a little tank. Does anyone know its lock-rating?

Thank you,
    Sundown

P.S. Mr. Glesser, the polish on this knife is absolutely stunning! As always, an excellent job, sir!
    GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    They looked black in color on mine, so I'm gonna say that they are nylon of some sort.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User greencobra's Avatar
    I've never held one, a Navagator that is, is it MeerKat size. Almost looks it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    GC--

Attached is a picture to show the Nav2 & Meerkat comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User greencobra's Avatar
    Chris, thanks so much. I really like that size knife and the way it fills my hand, or the Meerkat anyway. Putting it on my buy list now.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Thanx much Sundown.

The Navigator 2 is a different pattern than the first model. The ergos are more refined. Minor changes; 1mm here, 1mm there.

The Meerkat was based on the first Navigator pattern and there were several variations of that model.

The Nav 2 is a limited production piece made by a maker in Seki that has been making knives for 40 years. The edges are radiused rather than chamfered. Much hand work in the finish. If the model goes well with the Stainless handle, he have a bolstered design we'd like to add with limited production handle materials like we're doing with the Kopa.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sundown's Avatar

Thumbs up

Mr. Glesser,
    Awesome, I look forward to it! I really love this little bugger (Nav 2)! It now alternates with my Scorpius as my BPV (bullet proof vest) carry. You're right about the finish, this is definitely the most polished SS Spyderco I've had, and the ergos are great for such a small piece. I am very happy with my purchase!

Thanks,
    Sundown
    GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!