Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Spyderco Visit

Spyderco Forum Registered User UK KEN's Avatar

Question UK Spyderco Visit

Dear Spyderco Team

Has any progress been made with the idea of a visit to the UK by Sal and his team?

I know I keep asking this question and I may be being a pain in the rear end but I know of a good number of UK Spyderco collectors and users who are very excited at the idea.

There are a number of people at this end myself included who are prepared to help in any way they can to make this "show" a possibility.

So, Sal how about it Sir?

Ken (P.I.T.A)

Spyderco Forum Registered User philuk44's Avatar
    Just wanted to add my voice to Ken's on this - it would be so cool to meet some of the Spydercrew here in the UK. How about it Sal?

Phil

Sal is out of the office and won't be returning till later this week. I'm certain he'll respond when he sees this post.

Joyce

Spyderco Forum Registered User Simon G's Avatar
    Well, you can certainly add my voice to that of the two illustrious formites above!

Sal and the crew in the UK! I'd even call in sick to make sure I got to where ever they were!

I'd imagine with the rest of Europe within easy striking distance, a true multi-national flavour could develop!
    "From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Can you arrange that meeting on Luton or Stansted Airport

Spyderco Forum Registered User jon shannow's Avatar
    if theres a way i can be there i will be

better to have a knife and not need it
    than to need a knife and not have it

Spyderco Forum Registered User Damage1978's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jon shannow
    if theres a way i can be there i will be
    DITTO.
    Dan
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Me as well-A Scottish representative!

We're planning on an Amsterdam "seminar" in March before the IWA Show. I don't know how many of the Spyderco crew will be in northern Europe. It ws my understanding that some of the the crew going to the show would be going to south Europe.

I imagine it would be possible to arrange something if there was enough interest.

I guess the "where?" would be the first question.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User pjrocco's Avatar
    I'd love to see Spyderco put some type of list together for what shows they will be at for 2006.

Hopefully you will be coming to the Chicago area.
    Rock

I'm only a neophyte - having a mere Manix, Endura, Waved Endura, MeerKat, Native I, Pen Knife, Spydercard - and casting covetous glances at a Poliwog... but I'd love to see the team in the UK.

Thumbs up Royal Armouries Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by sal

I imagine it would be possible to arrange something if there was enough interest.

I guess the "where?" would be the first question.

sal
    I am sure that the numbers of people interested in a UK visit would make a trip worthwhile.

Leeds in West Yorkshire is almost at the centre of our country. It is the home of the Royal Armouries, which is well worth a visit by anyone who is interested in the history of the development or weapons, bladed or otherwise. It could also be the venue for the "UK seminar".

Leeds has an international airport, which happens to be five minutes away from my home. I would happily ferry the team between the airport and the chosen venue and show those interested around the armouries (it is one of my favourite haunts).

I appreciate you even considering a trip to the UK.

Regards, Ken

Spyderco Forum Registered User Damage1978's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UK KEN
    I am sure that the numbers of people interested in a UK visit would make a trip worthwhile.

Leeds in West Yorkshire is almost at the centre of our country. It is the home of the Royal Armouries, which is well worth a visit by anyone who is interested in the history of the development or weapons, bladed or otherwise. It could also be the venue for the "UK seminar".

Regards, Ken
    I'll second Leeds. Since I don't drive it's actually somewhere I could easily get to.

P.S. I've only managed to get to the Royal Armouries once (Keep meaning to go again, but never seem to get around to it) but it is well worth a visit.
    Dan
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I will certainly attend a Spyderco event in the UK.

This is my first post here, although I have lurked for a long while! My Spyderco collection has grown like mad (my wife would agree) over the last 18 months. I have most current models, and now have most of the major Spyderco commemoratives (Evolution, Worker, Delica 25th, WTC) . Looking forward to the new forum knife this year, plus the Kumo and Mini Manix of course! Long live the great Spyder factory, and thanks in particular for the UK Penknife, of which I now have 3!

Hope to post here more often from now on. Best wishes to all fellow Spydernuts!

Spyderco Forum Registered User mikewww's Avatar
    Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa, Earth
    Welcome to the forum, Jezter46 ! As you already have a few s, you will already be a victim of Spyderaddiction ! It seems to affect us all.

I was born in London just after the war, and have a daughter working in advertising in London. Have only visited in 1985, but still have a deep-seated longing to come back !

Cheers

Mike

Spyderco Forum Registered User philuk44's Avatar
    Well Ken, Leeds would get my vote - been a couple of years since I was at the Royal Armouries so I'm overdue a visit anyway. For anyone who hasn't been it is well worth a look and as Ken points out Leeds is pretty central and easy to get to.

Jezter46 - welcome to the forum. Sounds like a pretty cool collection you've got there!

Phil

As I have offered on several occasions to help out...

Leeds sounds great to me. In particular it would be nice to visit the Armoury with the Spyderco crew and make a day of it!

Sal has an amazing understanding of steel through history and I am quite sure he could surprise the staff of the Armoury with his keen insights.
    My real name is Wayne

Building steam!

Gentlemen...

.......Not wanting to jump the gun, if the visit goes ahead, I think that I can secure conference room facilities in the centre of Leeds free of charge.

Ken

Hi General, I'm sure you would be a big help. (Gail says "hi". says she added a whale to your duck ).

I do think you overestimate my knowledge though, but thanx for the vote of confidence.

Leeds could work, our distributor is in Macclesfield. Timing would have to be early March to work with the Dutch seminar and the IWA show. Crew would probably be Eric, Gail & me.

sal

Hi Sal! A Whale eh? Whatever next!

Sounds good to me though... a UK date will be great as I really don't think I will be able to get the time and money together for the 06 IWA show...

Leeds would be great as I have really wanted to visit the armoury for a long time and I would love to hear your opinion on some of the heritage Katana they have.
    My real name is Wayne