Delica size with fidget factor?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomanyquestions

Re: Delica size with fidget factor?

Post by toomanyquestions »

Without having ever handled a Watu, I suspect it's your best option if "carry" and "action" are key.

I have the Para 3, Sage 5, and a Meadowlark 2 (Delica sized Byrd variant). My conclusion is that a blade that tapers to a vertically compact point will carry a bit small for its size (see Para 3 & Delica). From the looks of things the Watu will really win in this department.

My Sage 5 has the layered Carbon Fiber/G10 scales - and I like them. However, I can see why some folks do not: peel-ply doesn't feel or look as classy as regular carbon fiber. That said, they look better than traditional G-10 and FRN, and still retain (at least on the Sage 5) a light grip-friendly texture. In my view peel-ply carbon fiber / G-10 is much like "balanced" steels: you get an effective combination attributes. You probably wouldn't want every knife to feature the same "balanced" steel, but it is nice to have one or two.

Just my two cents. Let us know what you choose / how you like it.
Joelc73

Re: Delica size with fidget factor?

Post by Joelc73 »

I’ll add the Watu to my short list and check it out. Sounds like an interesting option. Much appreciated.