Changes to OpFocus Program

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WilliamMunny

Re: Changes to OpFocus Program

Post by WilliamMunny »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm
gimibala wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm
Today I tried to sign up for OpFocus Program and I didn’t finish the application because at some point ID.me asked to provide my social security number.
I thought this is ridiculous, why do I have to give my ssn in order to complete my application?

Members of OpFocus please let me know if you had to do the same thing. Did anyone have to put the ssn in the application?

Thanks
Out of curiousity, how did you expect them to verify your service without it?
A .gov email address you can verify, scanned ID or scanned pay stub are all fairly common ways.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
phaust

Post by phaust »

gimibala wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm
gimibala wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm
Today I tried to sign up for OpFocus Program and I didn’t finish the application because at some point ID.me asked to provide my social security number.
I thought this is ridiculous, why do I have to give my ssn in order to complete my application?

Members of OpFocus please let me know if you had to do the same thing. Did anyone have to put the ssn in the application?

Thanks
Out of curiousity, how did you expect them to verify your service without it?

Leatherman, Microtech and Govx.com only asked me to upload a photo with my work badge and my ID, that was enough to get discounts on their programs.
That would rule out US military because you aren't allowed to photograph or scan your cac (ID)

Email as William said would work for current mil but not vets.
Mat_ski

Post by Mat_ski »

I guess you could upload your dd214.

But again the company that does the background check already has access to all that.