Budget bushcraft knife

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RugerNurse

Budget bushcraft knife

Post by RugerNurse »

Nicely done by Brisa. Model 95 the hiker in full flat. Held up to some batoning some hard wood and was still able to shave thin pieces. The edge feels very thin and sliced through wood like a dream. Sheath is a nice leather dangler style. Not bad for $60. Only complaint is that the handle was a little slick so I wrapped some electrical tape around it
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Budget bushcraft knife

Post by Doc Dan »

Interesting looking knife. I was expecting to see a $16 Mora Companion after reading the title.

What kind of steel?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am
Interesting looking knife. I was expecting to see a $16 Mora Companion after reading the title.

What kind of steel?
Sandvik 12C27. I do love my Mora knives but sometimes I want a full flat rather than a scandi. Handle is very comfortable and more grippy after putting the electric tape on it.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:15 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

What kind of steel?
Sandvik 12C27. I do love my Mora knives but sometimes I want a full flat rather than a scandi. Handle is very comfortable and more grippy after putting the electric tape on it.
Have you tried the new Victorinox Venture knife? It has 14C28N and similarly shaped.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 pm
RugerNurse wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:15 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

What kind of steel?
Have you tried the new Victorinox Venture knife? It has 14C28N and similarly shaped.
I have tried it but didn’t care for the handle. Just didn’t fit for me. Nice price point for a Victorinox fixed blade though.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Vere resurrexit

The handle has swells or something, doesn't it? It looks like it is not neutral.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050