Spyder Edge

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Apddet118

Spyder Edge

Post by Apddet118 »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I've been a long time Spyderco owner going back to the days of the Merlin and integrated pocket clips.

I'm a big fan of the Spyder Edge. Can someone tell me why they aren't producing as many models in the Spyder Edge?
Thank you
Michael Janich

Re: Spyder Edge

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Apddet118:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

The production of specific edge configurations is generally driven by sales. If a SpyderEdge version of a knife is introduced and it doesn't sell well, it may not establish itself as a viable product and can be discontinued. That's basic business sense.

With that said, we continue to introduce many of our new models with the SpyderEdge option. The Stretch 2 XL Lightweight Salt, the Native Chief Lightweights, and many of our lightweight Value Folders are some recent examples.

Stay safe,

Mike
Apddet118

Re: Spyder Edge

Post by Apddet118 »

Thank you Mike.

I saw some of the newer models, (Military 2) pictured with a SpyderEdge and pre-ordered it through a vendor months ago and still have seen it yet.