Fake Delica 4?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
boogsawaste

Fake Delica 4?

Post by boogsawaste »

I picked up a Delica 4 second hand recently and the pivot was loose so I decided to remove it and install with some loctite. I did another Delica I have at the same time as I wanted to adjust the tension on that one as well. I mixed up the pivot screws and it winds up the new one doesn’t thread into the other knife. I found that strange but I went ahead and switched them back and all was well. It kinda bugged me though so I started looking at the knife more closely and while the frn looks 100% down to the flashing and block/divots the markings on the blade are not in the same location as my other D4. Lastly something about the spine jimping seems “off”. It looks almost like there’s casting marks in between some of them. I’ll upload some pics of the spine but I don’t have the knife on me to get shots of the whole thing. I can later if needed. I’ll also upload the other D4’s jimping to compare which looks like my other seki spydercos. Lastly the inside of the thumb hole looks almost cast too. It has a couple cuts in it but the black one and a couple other seki knives look much more “cut” in the hole. Those other seki knives were bought directly through trusted vendors. The blue one is the new one I just got, the lack one is the one I had already. Thoughts?
Attachments
Black knife
Black knife
Blue knife
Blue knife
Black knife
Black knife
Blue knife
Blue knife
boogsawaste

Re: Fake Delica 4?

Post by boogsawaste »

Here’s some more shots of the blue one. The FRN looks right on to me but I’m not sure if the blade is original or not. That strange jimping just looks weird to me.
Attachments
IMG_4157.jpeg
IMG_4159.jpeg
IMG_4160.jpeg
IMG_4161.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear boogsawaste:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

I'm not super familiar with the Delica, but I've seen those same markings on the inside of the Spydiehole on quite a few Japanese models. Here's my k390 p4lw:

The jimping is also extremely similar:

I suspect it's just small changes that have been implemented since your black one was made, or even just variation between batches.

The markings on the fake Delicas are really wonky:
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
boogsawaste

Post by boogsawaste »

Yeah maybe mine is just a Friday knife 🤷🏻‍♂️ Does anyone know if they changed the pivot at any point? According to the box it’s a recent knife.