NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by Mushroom »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:57 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:05 am
Lol, that was a shocker of a game last night.
I think everyone expected a blowout!
I was definitely expecting a blowout. I was genuinely shocked that the Jets were able to keep it that close!

But what I’m not shocked about, is all of the conversations about the refs happening after the game… :grin-squint

3rd and 22 with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter… the holding call was called on the Jets secondary! :grin-squint Mahomes ended up running right past this blatantly obvious and egregious hold to get the first down.

There was also a ticky tack pass interference called on Ahmad Gardner after Precious Patrick threw his third interception of the game… :thinking

And how could we forget… Vegas always wins!

Mahomes slides at the two yard line and the Jets cover the spread. Funny how that happens after most of the money was put on the Chiefs to cover. I understand not wanting to give the ball back with less than two minutes left… but making it a two score game with that much time left would’ve also guaranteed the win. :thinking

Only week four but I think I could accurately predict this years Super Bowl winner. I think we all could, actually.

No way Mushroom, you’re just being an A** H***.

🤷‍♂️
-Nick :bug-red
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:16 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:02 pm
There's the Chiefs fix!
We all saw it! :cheap-sunglasses

Exactly why I quit following this WWE ish sport.
MRj “Weak things break!”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

😆 I hear ya on Vegas, brother !!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I believe those Detroit Lions REALLY wanna go to the Super Bowl!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I haven’t been watching this game because I knew how it was supposed to end before it even started.

I don’t want to say I told you so but please don’t expect any sort of “competitive” Super Bowl. The Chiefs winning it all has already been decided.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Mrj wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:41 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:16 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:02 pm
There's the Chiefs fix!
We all saw it! :cheap-sunglasses

Exactly why I quit following this WWE ish sport.
It has turned into the NEFL - National Entertainment Football League

It’s just too predictable now. I wish the league would let these games play out honestly but they don’t have to anymore. They get away with missing or making wrong game changing calls all the time now. Yet they’re still given the benefit of the doubt somehow. It’s just sad what the league has become.

I wish the USFL/XFL/UFL actually had some watchable talent because it’s probably a more honest product than the NEFL these days.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Pretty much sums it up
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

He was reckless all season, finally caught up to him when there's no turning back. I like the ballsy calls sometimes...time and place bud!!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
He was reckless all season, finally caught up to him when there's no turning back. I like the ballsy calls sometimes...time and place bud!!!
Absolutely 💯
Ballsy calls are best made when your behind imo -
Take the points!
Just ask the Atlanta Falcons....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Lions weren’t winning that game no matter what decisions were made. The game was decided before it ever started.

(Spoiler: the Super Bowl has already been decided as well)

I would dismiss everything I’m saying too… if I kept my eyes closed the whole time. I

It just sucks knowing the league is as dishonest as it is because that most likely means all of Tom Brady and the Patriots “accomplishments” are just as fake and manufactured as the Chiefs. “Lord Brady” was the poster boy of the league for decades and now it’s “Precious Patrick's” turn.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
Agreed
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Detroit looked good for awhile, but then their receivers forgot how to catch the ball. 49er and Chiefs rematch. I'd expect Mahomes to win based on his history, but the Niners could easily do the: on any given Sunday thing. Plus it would give the teams a win each in their Super Bowl match ups, and set up a Super Bowl rubber match some time in the future. Lots of fertile ground for Vegas.

PS Agreed, that taunting call was a real Hall of Famer. :clinking-mugs
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 am
The Lions weren’t winning that game no matter what decisions were made. The game was decided before it ever started.

I would dismiss everything I’m saying too… if I kept my eyes closed the whole time. I

It just sucks knowing the league is as dishonest as it is because that most likely means all of Tom Brady and the Patriots “accomplishments” are just as fake and manufactured as the Chiefs. “Lord Brady” was the poster boy of the league for decades and now it’s “Precious Patrick's” turn.
Let's just say for the sake of conversation you are correct about the Chiefs vs 49ers being Superbowl 58 was truly pre-determined. It does however make me wonder why those two teams in particular????

Now I'm sure that Mahomes is a big draw with media attention. But I think if the Lions had pulled it off they would have even been a bigger draw because of their "Underdog" status that they have had for decades now.

With all that being said I'm now to the point to where I would be the last to argue with you on that assertion. No doubt that money is the biggest common denominator with all sports entertainment.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Because Kelce is going to win Super Bowl MVP, going to get down on one knee at the 50 yard line and ask Taylor to marry him!! Chiefs confetti colors everywhere, dancers, a fireworks show. It's going down!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 am
Because Kelce is going to win Super Bowl MVP, going to get down on one knee at the 50 yard line and ask Taylor to marry him!! Chiefs confetti colors everywhere, dancers, a fireworks show. It's going down!
Hahahahaha!! - that's it! 😃
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Nah, Taylor is going to dump Kelce for Purdy.

Purdy-Swift in 2024 (hmm...)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 am

The more I think about all of that the more I'm starting to believe it. It's as though Patrick Mahomes is being touted as the new "Messiah". It's almost like no other QB in the league even counts. And this is coming from a devout fan of Sir Patrick and the Chiefs Kingdom Although I don't think him or Brady either one can fake their talent because it is more than obvious that both players are super talented. That's something that just can't be faked.

A good analogy of that would be to compare the NFL to the WWE. Many years ago Hulk Hogan lifted Andre The Giant and body slammed him. You can't fake picking up a 7 foot plus, 525 pound man. But the wrestling match itself sure was pre-decided. Although it took awesome talent for Hogan to body slam Andre The Giant. The WWE used to be called the WWF. Now the acronym reads "World Wrestling Entertainment">> hence the word "entertainment"..

With all the Taylor Swift nonsense it is as though the NFL is simply another part of the entertainment world. Which probably has very little to do with raw competition unfortunately.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

shunsui wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:50 am
Nah, Taylor is going to dump Kelce for Purdy.

Purdy-Swift in 2024 (hmm...)
As funny as that sounds I still wouldn't bet against that happening. Because Purdy sure has the "pretty boy" look about him. It would be huge PR for the both of them.

I'm seriously wondering if Ms. Swift and Travis Kelce have a true relationship? As the late Elizabeth Taylor use to say "All PR Is Good PR".
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well James T., local talk radio guy said this am he was looking at price for Super Bowl tickets.

CHEAPEST 11K, wow.🤮
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

akapennypincher wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am
Well James T., local talk radio guy said this am he was looking at price for Super Bowl tickets.

CHEAPEST 11K, wow.🤮
Are you kidding me!!! Eleven Grand for one ticket???!!!! When you can watch it on TV???!!!

Now is that the face value of the ticket or is that a scalper's price?