Delica 4 Saber Grind Authenticity

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
LuckyM

Delica 4 Saber Grind Authenticity

Post by LuckyM »

Hi Everyone, I am in need of your expertise. I have a Delica 4 Saber Grind that I just got off ebay. There are some differences between it and some of my other Seki City Spydercos. I'm not sure if maybe there are differences from different times of manufacturing. I have seen others on the internet that look like mine and I have also seen other types. The main thing I'm keying in on is the "C" in City and the "G" in VG along with the "Y" in Spyderco. Anyone know if the one I have here is the real deal or not
Attachments
20230727_215101.jpg
20230727_215023.jpg
20230727_214923.jpg
20230727_144308.jpg
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Re: Delica 4 Saber Grind Authenticity

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

Withdrawn! I just dont know enough to comment. so sorry!
Last edited by ImHereForTheMilitary2 on Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyM

Post by LuckyM »

Thanks. I was hoping that maybe it was a first release or something and that's why it has the little differences. The shape of the "C" in City though with the edges not hooking in a little is the real thing that got me looking and that "G" looking so crazy. I've seen YouTube videos with ones looking exactly like this too though. I would zoom in on just the "C" on all the Delica 4 Saber Grind videos and I'd see ones like this one and ones that look like how the "C" looks on all my other Seki City Spydercos. There's a lot of these " Dollarca" out there.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Tooling wears with use and has to be replaced periodically. I've seen a lot of older Seki Spydercos with that "V8-10" stamp. As for the clip, I've worn the black off enough of them to think it is real. The one on my C44 Dyad looked just like that for a while. The only way to be absolutely certain is to send it to Spyderco, but I don't see anything that screams "fake".
LuckyM

Post by LuckyM »

Thanks a lot for your insights. The clip hasn't concerned me all that much. For me it's mainly how that "C" looks. All my other Seki City Spydercos ( DragonFly 2s and Qball ) have all had the "C" in City curve inwards like the text "C". This one the "C" doesn't curve inwards at the ends at all. Also, you can't see it, but the detent is not very strong. My back locking spydercos are all pretty snappy.
LuckyM

Post by LuckyM »

Hey guys, here's the main thing that has my suspicion up. This is how the "C" looks on my other Seki City Spydercos ( DragonFly 2s and Qball ). You can see the difference. What you can't see which also has my suspicion up is that the detent on this Delica is not as snappy as on my other back locking Spydercos. Is it because this is a older version of the Delica? Plus, I don't have time to get this guy to and back from Spyderco because of the return time the seller I purchased this one from has set. Has anyone seen that straight ends style "C" that is on the City on the Delica on a for sure real Delica?
Attachments
20230730_110636.jpg
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Not a Delica, but a for sure real Dragonfly2.

As for snap, a previous owner may have "adjusted" the spring tension, either deliberately or accidentally.