2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jurmuscle

Re: 2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Jurmuscle »

I chose this knife with the help of MG2 (Dan). And this picture with the help of my wife and him. Same as last year I wanted to take a picture incorporating 2 things I love into 1, Spyderco knifes and Tanks. Both where things I discovered last year. This is taken on the front slope of a M1A2 Abrams main battle tank named "Dirty South", rested on a CVC (Combat Vehicle Crewman) helmet. I know it's not a knife in a field of flowers, but I carry a Spyderco everyday to work, and love to frequently test them on extended field problems. Thanks Wife and Dan for all the help.
-Tom
Attachments
Compress_20230727_115159_9640.jpg
:usflag :bug-red :bug-white-red :usflag
If we spent as much time trying as we do doubting, we might have already accomplished it.

-Tom
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sorry Tom , the thank you belongs to someone defending our country and happens to be a great husband and a wonderful friend . I was just giving some tips , you did the walking ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

huyfishin wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:08 am
As an enthusiastic fisherman, my chosen photo for this year showcases the Spyderco USN Catcherman in H1 steel,
Scoring the skin of a beautiful fillet of wild sockeye salmon, all atop a bed of fresh parsley with a black poplar wood cookie, adding a touch of rustic charm. With this image, I'm hoping to inspire Spyderco to consider developing a second iteration of this fillet knife.

Thank you to the spyderco team for offering us this fun contest.

Wow, beautiful photo of a grail knife!!!

Good job everyone, passing this year...I had a few concepts on my mind, but work and other responsibilities and concerns took over until I realized deadline was almost up. May the best photo win!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
standy99

Post by standy99 »

As a member that has embraced the Mule concept and look forward to each and every Mule drop with anticipation to create a new unique handle and test the steel and share with other’s in the Mule Team.

Getting a balance from glow to light done my head in. This is what the glow stones should have looked like
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Forum name - kaukol
Spyderco models - Police Lightweight K390 (C07F4K390), Enuff 2 K390 (FB31BL2K390), Dragonfly 2 K390 Wharncliffe (C28F2WK390)

This year was the K390 year for me. I've first tried it with the used Stretch 2 (which did not appeared in the photo) that I got from my friend and never looked back, it was like rabit hole for me. The balance of this steel is perfect, it takes that agressive low angle edge I like to put on my knives and just keeps cutting no matter what. So here are two my most used folders in this amazing steel and the latest addition to the family - Enuff 2 in deep Lithuanian woods.

Big thanks to Spyderco for the contest and good luck to all participants.
Attachments
DSC00937.jpg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

psmith27 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:38 am
486ABD52-78E3-40E1-82BF-D21A2A9C3061.jpeg

Thanks for the fun again this year Spyderco- good luck to all who enter!

I have had this pink native for years. About two years ago my best friends wife and his family began navigating the world of Breast Cancer survival when she was diagnosed. This knife and it’s connection to supporting those dealing with breast cancer made it become an immediate favorite. I have carried this knife faithfully- both for the cause- and because it is an amazing pocket knife.

Pictured here is the Native 5 in pink (C41PN5) resting on some rusted iron window grates- The rusted metal and vibrant knife with shadow tell an interesting tale of survival, optimism, and permanence.

Thanks for the chance and the fun!
👏👊
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:02 am

this rec exclusive manix (C101GODFDE2) is very special to me. in four days, i retire from the usaf with over 20 years of service. when i first saw this colorway from rec, i couldn't wait to see it on a manix, my favorite knife. i waited patiently and it was finally released last year. i was actually tdy in colorado at the time and visited the sfo the night before this was dropped. i managed to get out without spending any money though because i was holding out for the manix, but both friends i took with me purchased knives, one a matriarch 2 wave and the other a sage 5 lw. when the drop time came the next morning, i was stuck in a meeting that was running longer than scheduled, but i slipped out the back and went out to the parking lot to place my order (gotta have priorities). all 800 knives were gone in less than 3 minutes and i was so stoked to get one.

this manix will always be a reminder to me of my time in service. what better way to commemorate that time than with my favorite knife from my favorite manufacturer, in the colors of my uniform, and with 204p (for 20 years and 4 months :rofl).

thanks for the opportunity, spyderco! and thank you for taking care of service members and veterans!
Awesome story LB, and thank you for your service 🙏👊
GJR74

Post by GJR74 »

GJR74_calendarsubmissionFinal.jpg
When I recently purchased the Spyderco Native 5 Fluted Carbon Fiber knife, I was immediately taken by the exacting tolerances and milling of the handle, but also the beautiful machining of the stainless steel S90V blade, and even the hardware. Spyderco's iconic round opening hole takes center stage in this photo against a symphony of smaller holes.
Last edited by GJR74 on Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:03 pm
I do wish there was some confirmation email sent to verify the upload worked. 🤣. My slight OCD feels like I left the garage door open.
Mine acts pretty much the same. Especially а after that "Are you sure you want to leave the page " message. :)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I like to take multiple different photos for this contest each year, which inevitably leaves me with a difficult decision once it is time to submit my entry. That decision was made easy this year when my 8 year old and 6 year old nieces wanted to help me take a photo. We have a close relationship so they see and understand my enthusiasm for Spyderco. Through that, they have even developed some of their own interests in the brand, so they were eager to help!

I wanted to make taking the photo fun for all of us and S’mores was a popular option. Just before dusk I grabbed the Genzow HatchetHawk, got some firewood ready, and we were toastin’ marshmallows in no time! :camping

I chose to include my nieces in the background, toasting marshmallows, for a couple reasons. First, I thought that would be the most fun way for them to participate in helping me take a photo and second, was to help create the impression that the Genzow HatchetHawk was just used to chop firewood for the campfire. Shooting the photo at night was difficult but after two separate photoshoots, playing director and trying to keep the kids standing still without setting their marshmallows ablaze proved to be the most challenging part of taking the photo. :grin-squint In the end we all had fun and we all had s’mores! :beaming-face

Forum Name: Mushroom
Product Name: Genzow HatchetHawk™ - H02

“Life’s S’more fun with Spyderco”
989ABF0A-C29C-4734-8E68-07F2BDB3D16D.jpeg
Thank you, Spyderco, for providing us with this exciting opportunity each year! :respect :bug-red
- Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Very nice Nick ! Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

kaukol wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:51 am
Forum name - kaukol
Spyderco models - Police Lightweight K390 (C07F4K390), Enuff 2 K390 (FB31BL2K390), Dragonfly 2 K390 Wharncliffe (C28F2WK390)

This year was the K390 year for me. I've first tried it with the used Stretch 2 (which did not appeared in the photo) that I got from my friend and never looked back, it was like rabit hole for me. The balance of this steel is perfect, it takes that agressive low angle edge I like to put on my knives and just keeps cutting no matter what. So here are two my most used folders in this amazing steel and the latest addition to the family - Enuff 2 in deep Lithuanian woods.

Big thanks to Spyderco for the contest and good luck to all participants.
I love my K390 delica Wharncliffe! I discovered it while living in Taiwan. it's a great knife! I'm considering the Police 4. How do you feel about it? Do you ever feel like "man, this is just too long/big"? Beautiful photo!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Spyderco Endura 4 Folding Knife 3.8" VG10 Core Damascus Plain Blade, Black Pakkawood Handles, KnifeCenter Exclusive - C10WDBKP

This was probably my favorite purchase of last year. I find this one in my pocket for special occasions when a larger knife makes sense. This photo was taken while on a hike last November. Thank you Spyderco!

RyanY

Post by RyanY »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:24 pm
Spyderco Endura 4 Folding Knife 3.8" VG10 Core Damascus Plain Blade, Black Pakkawood Handles, KnifeCenter Exclusive - C10WDBKP

Oh man what a picture and what a knife! I love it 😍 and all the other submissions! I’m really impressed by everyone here.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Once again, there are more great pictures than months in the year. Excellent job, everyone!
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

JakeXman wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:13 am

Here's my submission for this year. In it is the Spyderco CPM 15v Manix 2, perched on a rock overlooking my college town. This collaboration knife between Shawn Houston and Spyderco represents a large leap forward in heat treatment technologies. The chemist in me loves the science that went in to it, and the knife geek loves the knife itself!

I think this would do well for an autumn month given the colors.

(Edited to add a second image hosting link. The first one doesn’t always work)
When I first saw this picture my first thought was "Hey, that reminds me of hiking up Squaw Peak in Provo... huh, maybe he is out west somewhere, probably some Colorado suburb." and then I came back and read the post today and you said "college town" and thought eh it really could be Provo, and then I saw your profile picture, Provo! I'm a BYU alum myself! Go Cougs! and great picture!
Shibby

Post by Shibby »

For this year's calendar contest I am entering my Spyderco Teal Ladybug LTLP3. While it is smaller in size it gets the job done. The teal color just gives it that extra pop. Thank you Spyderco for having such a fun contest. I hope you all enjoy my picture.
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

The Spyderco Caribbean... such a cool knife, wasn't one that I thought I would be submitting, and it took me a while to sort thru a bunch of photo's, to pick just one... that was hard... but the nature of the Caribbean, a knife that suppose to be around water and I think this photo does that justice. I like the reflection in the water and the very distinctive color way of the handle, one of the few Sypderco knives that I have that I have not modded in some way or another, it just stands on it's own as a great knife. While I would love to say this was taken at an awesome location on a beach in the Caribbean, it wasn't, I have a great water feature outside my front door of my office at work and spotted the pool of water on the rocks and setup the shot.

Brian
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

I'm kinda nervous LMAO everyones knife appears sooo big haha i should have cropped it so my knife takes more of the photo LOL
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Shibby wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:31 pm
For this year's calendar contest I am entering my Spyderco Teal Ladybug LTLP3. While it is smaller in size it gets the job done. The teal color just gives it that extra pop. Thank you Spyderco for having such a fun contest. I hope you all enjoy my picture.
Great shot Shibby ! 😄😀
Henry David Thoreau