Custom clip for the Swayback

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fixall

Re: Custom clip for the Swayback

Post by fixall »

BladesWeLove sells a very affordable, milled titanium clip for the Para 3 that fits the SwayBack fairly well. You’ll probably have to shoot Steve an email to see if he ships internationally, or check his eBay store though.
cjk

Post by cjk »

fixall wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:29 am
BladesWeLove sells a very affordable, milled titanium clip for the Para 3 that fits the SwayBack fairly well. You’ll probably have to shoot Steve an email to see if he ships internationally, or check his eBay store though.

I have a couple of these clips. They are handsome, but the bottom two holes would need to be made larger to accommodate the Taichung three hole pattern. They're probably workable with some modification.

To my eye, I like mikey177's clip (the non-deep carry mxg) the best of those discussed.
mikey177 wrote: I also put an MXG clip on my Swayback, but I picked their non-deep carry model. Luckily, the hole pattern for the Swayback clip is the same as that used in most Taichung Spydies like the Domino.
swayback mxg.jpg
fixall

Post by fixall »

cjk wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:20 pm
fixall wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:29 am

I have a couple of these clips. They are handsome, but the bottom two holes would need to be made larger to accommodate the Taichung three hole pattern. They're probably workable with some modification.

To my eye, I like mikey177's clip (the non-deep carry mxg) the best of those discussed.
mikey177 wrote: I also put an MXG clip on my Swayback, but I picked their non-deep carry model. Luckily, the hole pattern for the Swayback clip is the same as that used in most Taichung Spydies like the Domino.swayback mxg.jpg
Ah, that my bad. I saw a posting on reddit showing a Swayback rocking one. They must have done some modifications to get it to fit.
Logotron

Post by Logotron »

Hi, do you have a pic of the stonewashed original Swayback clip……what media did you use to wash it?

Thx,

M