Yard Work - Nice Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Yard Work - Nice Day

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:35 pm
My Honda of many years died this weekend. I have been eyeing these electric lawnmowers for a few years. They keep getting better and better. I got the top end Ryobi. I have a relatively small yard. Whisper quiet which is awesome. Seems to cut just as well. All wheel drive. The only difference I see from my Honda is it doesn't seem to suck up as much clippings. Which is relative because I feel like the Hondas are vacuums. More seems to escape the crevices. Otherwise I'm very pleased. Easily collapses into vertical storage and does not take up much space. If you have a larger yard, you can always buy more batteries. My 1/2 acre + used up about a half of 1 battery for reference. Has 2 on board batteries and has an advertised runtime of 70 minutes.

Jeff , what material is the deck ? Steel or Aluminum ? Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

It is like all the new Hondas. Plastic. All plastic. When I got my old Honda, they had the plastic Honda version too. I opted for the metal one, but it seems that most are plastic now with the Hondas. At least that is what they are pushing. It saves on weight for efficiency to the motor. Plus you can pick the thing up and fold for vertical storage.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Finally cleaned up behind my house. Look at this weird stone I uncovered. Also the tree that grew over the rock. Image
MRj “Weak things break!”
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ha! Well that tree is odd!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Love summertime in the Blue Ridge Mtns
A lot to mow (only part pictured) (Sycamore tree is a pita) but, well worth the effort - nice to.enjoy it afterwards
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice yard and beautiful view . I would never want to leave home . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:19 am
Thank you, Dan!
My sister's view puts mine to shame though
She's at 4,000 feet - from the left & straight ahead
Always a tad cooler at her house as I'm at 3k feet
I've got some nice sunset pics too
Dan, you should see some of the homes in my immediate area/County/ Just crazy man. $8.5 million dollar homes built right on top of a ridge! Lol, there's so much **** money in this Nation of ours....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Ringed and mulched Lilac Tree with the CEO .
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image project today was to prune down Honeysuckle vines off lattice that had never been touched since planted . So around 5 years growth accumulation. Needless to say it was a nightmare and not a ten minute job . Honeysuckle in background will get a good pruning over arch of arbor and trimmed. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:44 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:19 am
Thank you, Dan!
My sister's view puts mine to shame though
She's at 4,000 feet - from the left & straight ahead
Always a tad cooler at her house as I'm at 3k feet
I've got some nice sunset pics too
Dan, you should see some of the homes in my immediate area/County/ Just crazy man. $8.5 million dollar homes built right on top of a ridge! Lol, there's so much **** money in this Nation of ours....
You and your sister are doing extremely well. Everything worked out for my parents and brother too, but not for me. Technical support was a bust for me. I'll not drag all of that out here, but if you want to know, DM me and I'll fill you in.

Just my uneducated opinion but I think the money is in small pockets. I've been across most of the USA and I've seen the poverty. YES, there are some spectacular towns and counties but the USA is huge. Many think if they make $25k to $50k they are middle class.

:thinking

I am in the middle class and last week we sold our 2019 Toyota Camry with 21,000 miles on it for property taxes on another property....soon to be sold.

All of the classes change rapidly. You can go from lower class to top 5%, and back down in one life-time. We are holding on for dear life.

Last week, I had to resign from my job in an Amazon Warehouse because we were selling the only car that we have. As soon as we sell the 2-flat in Chicago, we will buy another new Camry and I'll try to get my job back.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image rebuilt fire pit . Neighbor gave us some unused big blocks from a retaining wall project and another neighbor gave me the long concrete blocks that were test blocks of a special concrete used for an airport runways . Metal plates from old railroad track are used as floor in the pit to gauge clean out removing ash . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:06 am
Image rebuilt fire pit . Neighbor gave us some unused big blocks from a retaining wall project and another neighbor gave me the long concrete blocks that were test blocks of a special concrete used for an airport runways . Metal plates from old railroad track are used as floor in the pit to gauge clean out removing ash . Dan
That's phenomenal Dan!
Nothing like a good 🔥 pit!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:06 am
Dang it Dan, I feel like I just put my mower up for the winter :worried :zany

I think I have that same dump wagon :squinting-tongue
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Dang it Dan, I feel like I just put my mower up for the winter :worried :zany

I think I have that same dump wagon :squinting-tongue
[/quote]

That is funny ! Years ago I was about to give to a scrap guy in town . A buddy told me don’t and got out tape measure and few days later the inside had a rebuild with heavy plastic liner material used for semi truck dump trailers. Put new tires on ot and still going . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage 2 pallets of mulch delivered today . Yesterday cleaned Westside of old mulch and moved to very back bed to recycle and cut a big Ash stump out of area . Girls are hiding behind pallets . 56 bags were used , the girls are troopers completed this section in 1 1/2 hours . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage so far have used 138 bags of mulch . Also did some smaller spots , these are the bigs . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lookin fantastic Dan!
I'm gonna have to hire you to do mine!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:43 pm
Lookin fantastic Dan!
I always joke around and say never marry a horticultural landscaper ! :rofl Wife did landscaping for outside contractor at Caterpillar at several buildings and side jobs . She still does a few side jobs when not working on our yard or helping daughters . We plan to rip out the block around the triangular bed and replace with a larger block that resists wild zero turn mowers ! :smlling-eyes Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:37 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:43 pm
Lookin fantastic Dan!
I always joke around and say never marry a horticultural landscaper ! :rofl Wife did landscaping for outside contractor at Caterpillar at several buildings and side jobs . She still does a few side jobs when not working on our yard or helping daughters . We plan to rip out the block around the triangular bed and replace with a larger block that resists wild zero turn mowers ! :smlling-eyes Dan
Ha!! I heard that! 😎
Those darn Outlaw Zero-Turns! Had one myself once! 😆 🤣 😂
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Wife picked this sprayer up for me and I thought just whar I need , already have three backpacks. I was wrong . It has two quick release nozzles for wide and narrow applications , and rechargeable 18V battery. The pressure is adjustable and wide covers a big area saving a bunch of time . Really impressed so far after 5 gallons . Dan
Henry David Thoreau