T shirt ideas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

T shirt ideas

Post by twinboysdad »

Sal and Crew,

Has there ever been thought on producing T shirts that focus on certain models? I would think Millie, PM2, the H1 series, all would have the possibility of cool model specific themes. What do the powers at Golden think?
FullCircleHook

Re: T shirt ideas

Post by FullCircleHook »

Agreed! I went looking for some apparel and I was surprised that I couldn't find a lot. Maybe a T Shirt design contest is in order! haha
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd be happy with a black T with a big red spyder on the front and/or back. Doesn't have to be fancy. I don't really care for pocket T's though. I'm also really hoping we see a spyder patch someday, just a black ~3 inch circle with a red bug would be awesome.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

I'd sport a Spydie T. ---- Maybe even a button down with the logo and name on one side.
Last edited by Malfeasant on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

We had a huge thread going about this a while ago. They said they were working on it.

I would love to hear more?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Seems this topic comes up every six months or so, hopefully one day we'll see some. I don't think anyone has mentioned a model specific shirt though, I like the idea, I'd buy a couple for sure. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Ok, so what about a garage style shirt? Guyaberra/bowling style shirt?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

A button-down garage style shirt would be awesome. I'd also certainly buy another Spyderco polo shirt (e.g. black polyester with a red or white bug).

Eric mentioned last summer that they were still working on a shirt concept. So I imagine we'll see something sooner than later, I hope. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

SpyderNut wrote:I'd also certainly buy another Spyderco polo shirt (e.g. black polyester with a red or white bug).
One please. Ok two, an M and an L. I seem to be somewhere in between. I'm so awkwardly built. :rolleyes:
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Sully

Post by Sully »

I remember that thread too. Cannot believe there's no selection of Spyderco apparel available. All that free branding that could be running around, it's a marketing no-brainer. Guess Spyderco is really that busy and totally focused on the actual product....which can easily be argued is a much better branding strategy. ;)

I like the patch idea too.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I would like both a Spyderco tee shirt and also a long sleeved button down garage shirt. Something along the lines of this:

http://shop.gasmonkeygarage.com/mens-di ... -workshirt

But with Spyderco Spyder emblem and on the back perhaps some images of various Spyderco knives.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

A shirt with sections of CAD images of various locks would be nice.

I'm not sure but making tshirts gives away control of WHO is marketing your products. Sure it's free advertising but what if there were unsavoury chaps wearing YOUR company logo?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Evil D wrote:I'd be happy with a black T with a big red spyder on the front and/or back.
This was my first thought when read the title of this thread. Black with the red bug logo. Maybe a small logo on the front left chest with Spyderco underneath and a big red bug centered on the back. A big Spyder front and back would be fine too.

I'm surprised they don't have T's available. Seems like a no brainer.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Evil D wrote:I'd be happy with a black T with a big red spyder on the front and/or back. Doesn't have to be fancy. I don't really care for pocket T's though. I'm also really hoping we see a spyder patch someday, just a black ~3 inch circle with a red bug would be awesome.
+1 exactly that :rolleyes:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If they did, it wouldn't be the first time. IIRC, these date back to the late 90's...
...the red one has the same graphics on the back as the black one (and the front of the black one looks like this...
Mixed feelings about a model specific shirt. It might work if the model chosen was something iconic, rather than just one of today's "flavors of the week" but I suspect that, no matter what model was chosen, it will appeal to fewer people than a more generalized Spyderco theme would.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I'd like a pingo style shirt. Heather gray with a bluish spydie wrapped around the side.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Digi Camo T Shirt made entirely of little Spydie bugs.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050