What's your favorite work knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: What's your favorite work knife

Post by JD Spydo »

I don't mean to derail the thread in any way but I'm seeing most people preferring either G-10 or FRN for handle material for their favorite work knife. But I've also found Micarta to have a lot of endurance and to hold up under grim conditions. G-10 may well be the best handle material for a hard use or work knife IMO.

But to be honest over the years and taking into account every Spyder I've used in the past 10 years or so I've probably used more FRN handled Spyders than anything else>> but I do prefer G-10 handles for better overall grip. I'm just wondering what input you all would have on the handle material for a hard use knife?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

It's hard to imagine anything holding up better than the frn on my pacific salt has. That knife lives a really hard life. Honestly, I think i could keep this abuse up for decades and not have any issues with the frn.
Mike3398

Post by Mike3398 »

StuntZombie wrote:A serrated Native finds its way into my pockets most mornings when I'm heading out the door. I never thought I would primarily carry a Spyderedged knife, but it looks like I'm hooked.

I didn't think I'd be carrying a spyderco either I have a ton of benchmade knives and I hated spyderco until I bought a PM2 and loved it
Distinguished ambassador of the American knife and tool Institute