Windows 10?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
yablanowitz

Re: Windows 10?

Post by yablanowitz »

MichaelScott wrote: there hasn't been a Windows device in my house or on my person, and there won't be. They are too high maintenance and old-school.
(Composed and submitted on my iMac with no Ctrl/Alt/Del actions required.)
Well, so am I. My big problem with Win 8.1 was my old programs (games) that I want to run, wouldn't. I guess I could get that thing out its box and put Win 10 on it. It can't make it any worse since it's already useless.

(Composed and submitted on my Win 7 machine with no Ctrl/Alt/Del actions required.)
greatscott

Post by greatscott »

I ran the tech eval of 10 for quite a while. The start menu is an interesting mix of 7 and XP, but they need to realize that this is a desktop OS and get rid of the stupid tile applications which are meant for a tablet.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

yablanowitz wrote:My big problem with Win 8.1 was my old programs (games) that I want to run, wouldn't.
I run programs on my Win7 machines that date back to the beginning of time, but I'm not that much into games. I thought 8.1 would probably be similar, but try that on an Apple. They don't believe in backwards compatibility, but then not too many people write games for them either. The first thing that happened when I turned on my brand new out of the box Mac was that it had to update its OS so it would run software I was downloading from Apple.

But that is a good point. I still want to run a lot of very old programs and Win7 does that just fine. I need to see if WinTen does that before considering the upgrade.