HAP40 Delica and Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ryno

Re: HAP40 Delica and Endura

Post by Ryno »

Everyone talks about how pre-ordering is detrimental as some websites accept more preorders than the amount of inventory they will receive.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Screw the lines or the clad steel scratching...it is about getting a solid slab of awesome steel. That way no matter if I choose to make a Jandura out of it or break the tip and have to grind a new one it is solid through out. Sure I can tell how HAP 40 cuts and sharpens but not how it mods or regrinds. Solid slab is just better, there is no argument
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

twinboysdad wrote:Screw the lines or the clad steel scratching...it is about getting a solid slab of awesome steel. That way no matter if I choose to make a Jandura out of it or break the tip and have to grind a new one it is solid through out. Sure I can tell how HAP 40 cuts and sharpens but not how it mods or regrinds. Solid slab is just better, there is no argument
It seems like there are lots of arguments :)
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Your edge would still be hap40 no matter how you mod it you understand that right? The piece of hap40 runs all the way through the sandwich...... When you would come to an apex it would still be hap40. Mod away all you want. You can even zero grind it. I get that you would want it solid but if that's the case buy a custom. It won't affect performance of the edge. That's the whole point of this sprint. The edge. If you don't like the cladding you don't have to buy it.
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Maybe a chisel grind in the Delica 5!
Ryan

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

adam569 wrote:I remember alot of pepole were upset because the lines weren't straight.I guess I've been lucky I only have 2 clad knives both sb with perfect lines.I also had quick question if I've not pre ordered this delica yet should I just wait for it to pop up at this point? :eek:
In my experience, pre-orders have not been filled in the order received (other people think they are), so it's probably not too late to pre-order now. Also, in all likelihood you would be able to get one just by watching very carefully and ordering when they come out. Since sprints are often shipped in small batches, it's not unusual for stores to get out of stock quick, but they usually get in more later. If it's really, really important for you to get this particular sprint, you could pre-order and try to buy one when they first ship. You could cancel your order if you score one when they're released, or if you don't think that's cricket, you could buy both and maybe sell one :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I like the clad thing. I hear Fällkniven charges extra for that. :D
BTG

Post by BTG »

This is shaping up to be a great month, first the Proficient Drops, then Sal releases the last of the 911 commemoratives, now the Blue s110v PM2....Almost made me forget we might still get some Hap40 action this month....now that's Nirvana!!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Did someone say "Nirvana" :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:Did someone say "Nirvana" :D
Oh yeah, eagerly waiting on that one too...think I heard Wisconsin once too, born in LaCrosse, about 30 years in Milwaukee,... Cali for 25 now...getting your thermals out yet?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Did someone say "Nirvana" :D
Oh yeah, eagerly waiting on that one too...think I heard Wisconsin once too, born in LaCrosse, about 30 years in Milwaukee,... Cali for 25 now...getting your thermals out yet?
No thermals yet but we got termination dust on the mountains....wont be long now
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Kind of disappointing every time I check the forums and there's no new news about the Hap40 release. My enthusiasm hasn't waned though.
Ryan

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am so ready for this Delica!!!!! Argh!!!!

I am also glad it is clad. Woot! ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm even more interested in the Endura, which is coming out first! :p :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Every time I see this thread bumped up I get excited. Sigh.

Wonder how long after the Endura till we see the Delica. Will be my first and I am very curious.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Every time I see this thread bumped up I get excited. Sigh.

Wonder how long after the Endura till we see the Delica. Will be my first and I am very curious.
I don't remember for sure about the super blue sprints and don't have a super blue Delica box to look at, but I recently got foliage green G-10 Endura and Delica sprints, and there was a 2 month difference between the date codes on their boxes. I would guess something on that order even though there could be dozens of variables. But I'll bet you've had a lot of experience in hurrying up and waiting ;)
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

DougC-3 wrote:
HarleyXJGuy wrote:Every time I see this thread bumped up I get excited. Sigh.

I don't remember for sure about the super blue sprints and don't have a super blue Delica box to look at, but I recently got foliage green G-10 Endura and Delica sprints, and there was a 2 month difference between the date codes on their boxes. I would guess something on that order even though there could be dozens of variables. But I'll bet you've had a lot of experience in hurrying up and waiting ;)

Oh yes if hurry up.and wait was money I would be Sal's boss.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Any news on these sprints?
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Any news on these sprints?
Patiently waiting...
Ryan

Ryno

Post by Ryno »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Any news on these sprints?
In the "casual bombshell" thread, Sal was quoted on Oct 2nd saying enduras should ship next week.
Ryan