BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by DougC-3 »

jalcon wrote:Any news on this knife? What gives?
Still no date of release estimate at the BHQ listing. Also I notice they list the improvements of the PM2 over the original PM , which happened in 2010.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
WCC

Post by WCC »

My heart races each time this thread gets bumped! :eek:
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

WCC wrote:My heart races each time this thread gets bumped! :eek:
Same here. I'm afraid I'm going to look one day and see someone post "In stock at BladeHQ" quickly followed by someone else posting "Gone!" :eek:
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about considering the last PM2 sprint/exclusive (the cutlery shoppe Orange/Black DLC CTS-XHP) is still sitting on the shelf 4 months after its release. I think these will go faster, but I don't see anyone missing out on one of these should you want one. :D
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Don't be too complacent :)
Sprint "speed" depends on model + steel + other options. Demand (and therefore speed) can vary a lot for any of those reasons. How long did the hap40 delicas and enduras last, are they still available (I don't know personally)? Maybe the demand for M4 will cool some after much anticipation because of the other M4 models recently released - Mantras, GB2 ? Maybe not for the PM2 lovers (me).
swigert

Post by swigert »

dogrunner wrote:Don't be too complacent :)
Sprint "speed" depends on model + steel + other options. Demand (and therefore speed) can vary a lot for any of those reasons. How long did the hap40 delicas and enduras last, are they still available (I don't know personally)? Maybe the demand for M4 will cool some after much anticipation because of the other M4 models recently released - Mantras, GB2 ? Maybe not for the PM2 lovers (me).

Don't get sprint confused with dealer exclusive. Much easier to get a dealer exclusive than a sprint.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

swigert wrote:

Don't get sprint confused with dealer exclusive. Much easier to get a dealer exclusive than a sprint.
Why is that (I'm genuinely asking)?
swigert

Post by swigert »

ejames13 wrote:
swigert wrote:

Sprints will trickle into all of the retailers at random rates it seems like and they will sell out quick and you are dependent on getting lucky in a lot of ways of finding a dealer that just happens to be "in stock". With a dealer exclusive there is only one place to buy from and they have the whole lot, 600 or more pieces I THINK is the minimum.

Soooooo there is no searching involved, we know exactly where they are coming from...
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Yeah don't get me wrong, I think these PM2s will go WAY quicker than the Orange/Black one...but like I said, those have been available to buy for like 120 days....and they are STILL available...so even if the Jade M4, is 10x more popular...it'll still be around for almost 2 weeks, lol. In other words, I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

swigert wrote:
ejames13 wrote:
swigert wrote:

Sprints will trickle into all of the retailers at random rates it seems like and they will sell out quick and you are dependent on getting lucky in a lot of ways of finding a dealer that just happens to be "in stock". With a dealer exclusive there is only one place to buy from and they have the whole lot, 600 or more pieces I THINK is the minimum.

Soooooo there is no searching involved, we know exactly where they are coming from...
Ah that makes sense. Have them in one place is definitely nice in terms of compulsive monitoring :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Couple of things slightly amiss in the last few posts that I thought I would try to clarify a tad... :)

First, for dealer exclusives, the company that commissions them absolutely does not hold all the stock of that run to sell them all through that single channel. Every vendor that carries CC-numbered blades for example will have those shipped directly to them and they can be sell them themselves. For example, I buy all my new knives from NGK and that certainly included the recent DLC orange PM2 CS exclusive. Go to eBay after a new release and you can also spot several private folks and vendors alike selling many CC-numbered versions of any exclusive/sprint.

That brings me to #2, those orange DLC PM2's are indeed sold out now and no longer available on the CS website! Took a bit longer than expected, but they're out of here! :D

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Couple of things slightly amiss in the last few posts that I thought I would try to clarify a tad... :)

First, for dealer exclusives, the company that commissions them absolutely does not hold all the stock of that run to sell them all through that single channel. Every vendor that carries CC-numbered blades for example will have those shipped directly to them and they can be sell them themselves. For example, I buy all my new knives from NGK and that certainly included the recent DLC orange PM2 CS exclusive. Go to eBay after a new release and you can also spot several private folks and vendors alike selling many CC-numbered versions of any exclusive/sprint.

That brings me to #2, those orange DLC PM2's are indeed sold out now and no longer available on the CS website! Took a bit longer than expected, but they're out of here! :D

Cheers, Radioactive :)
Sorry i didn't mention the CC knives still go to any member regardless of exclusive.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

jalcon wrote:Yeah don't get me wrong, I think these PM2s will go WAY quicker than the Orange/Black one...but like I said, those have been available to buy for like 120 days....and they are STILL available...so even if the Jade M4, is 10x more popular...it'll still be around for almost 2 weeks, lol. In other words, I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about.
I'm going to predict that they go much faster than 2 weeks. Something like 3 or 4 years ago now the green PM2 pre-orders sold out in about a week and then it was a long time before they actually were produced. By the time they were produced they were a hot commodity and when additional knives were released for sale they sold out in minutes. For all we know the M4 PM2's might already be sold out, IOW the retailer might have enough preorders to cover all of the knives that they have ordered. The last time I preordered through them I eventually got a "so sorry" letter and no knife. I think the orange/DLC models sold slowly because they were relatively high priced and did not come in a steel that had a lot of demand for it. M4 will be much different.

I'm still watching every day to try to get one though. I do think the CF/M4 versions will be easier to get because they are priced much higher. A lot of the demand for the PM2 comes from the scammers that buy as many as they can and then sell them for large profit elsewhere. The Jade/M4 price point is low enough to support this but the CF/M4 price point is high enough to severely reduce profit potential on the aftermarket so I think the scammers will stay away from that one. Of course we don't know which one will hit the market first either.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jalcon wrote:I don't think you guys have anything to worry about considering the last PM2 sprint/exclusive (the cutlery shoppe Orange/Black DLC CTS-XHP) is still sitting on the shelf 4 months after its release. I think these will go faster, but I don't see anyone missing out on one of these should you want one. :D
your info is little outdated. It is sold out. Just check dealer website

https://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc ... usive.aspx
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

swigert wrote: Don't get sprint confused with dealer exclusive. Much easier to get a dealer exclusive than a sprint.
this is not exactly correct. All depends on how hot dealer exclusive or sprint is. Original Orange and Dark Green paras were sold within very few days. But some sprints like J.D. Smith, Khalsa, Lum Tanto Fixed blade, Worker and few others were sitting on dealers shelves for many month and some over a year.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
swigert

Post by swigert »

bh49 wrote:
swigert wrote: Don't get sprint confused with dealer exclusive. Much easier to get a dealer exclusive than a sprint.
this is not exactly correct. All depends on how hot dealer exclusive or sprint is. Original Orange and Dark Green paras were sold within very few days. But some sprints like J.D. Smith, Khalsa, Lum Tanto Fixed blade, Worker and few others were sitting on dealers shelves for many month and some over a year.

I guess I was inherently talking about knives that go quick either way. Take for example. If we were to clamper the BHQ para 2 that's on the way and a hap40 delica. I would bet money that the para will be easier for the average buyer to get their hands on.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bdblue wrote:
jalcon wrote:Yeah don't get me wrong, I think these PM2s will go WAY quicker than the Orange/Black one...but like I said, those have been available to buy for like 120 days....and they are STILL available...so even if the Jade M4, is 10x more popular...it'll still be around for almost 2 weeks, lol. In other words, I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about.
I'm going to predict that they go much faster than 2 weeks. Something like 3 or 4 years ago now the green PM2 pre-orders sold out in about a week and then it was a long time before they actually were produced. By the time they were produced they were a hot commodity and when additional knives were released for sale they sold out in minutes. For all we know the M4 PM2's might already be sold out, IOW the retailer might have enough preorders to cover all of the knives that they have ordered. The last time I preordered through them I eventually got a "so sorry" letter and no knife. I think the orange/DLC models sold slowly because they were relatively high priced and did not come in a steel that had a lot of demand for it. M4 will be much different.

I'm still watching every day to try to get one though. I do think the CF/M4 versions will be easier to get because they are priced much higher. A lot of the demand for the PM2 comes from the scammers that buy as many as they can and then sell them for large profit elsewhere. The Jade/M4 price point is low enough to support this but the CF/M4 price point is high enough to severely reduce profit potential on the aftermarket so I think the scammers will stay away from that one. Of course we don't know which one will hit the market first either.
As far as I can determine, neither dealer is taking preorders for the PM2 exclusives this time. Apparently, BladeHQ has not been taking orders for the Jade M4 and Knifeworks is not taking them for the CF M4. Maybe they've seen too many complaints about previous preorder experiences. They both just seem to have the option for being emailed when they come in.... so I guess it will really be a rat race when that happens. But my experience has always been that they are shipped in small batches, so if they sell out, hang loose and watch for the next batch.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

bh49 wrote:
jalcon wrote:I don't think you guys have anything to worry about considering the last PM2 sprint/exclusive (the cutlery shoppe Orange/Black DLC CTS-XHP) is still sitting on the shelf 4 months after its release. I think these will go faster, but I don't see anyone missing out on one of these should you want one. :D
your info is little outdated. It is sold out. Just check dealer website

https://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc ... usive.aspx

Well shoot. You're right. Still took four months though. Just last week when I checked they were still available.
remnar

Post by remnar »

PM2 Haiku

A new knife on the horizon to cut, slice or stab
With natural G-10 surrounding an m4 slab
Patiently waiting for a new PM2
From that retailer known as Blade HQ
This is definitely one knife that I’ll have to nab

I'm kinda missing all that poetry fun from a while back. :D
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I somehow got unsubscribed from this thread. :(
Now rechecking in for updates.
Going back to Caly.