most mean and frightening spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PayneTrain

Re: most mean and frightening spyderco?

Post by PayneTrain »

I would feel absolutely worthless if you shot me with a pink LCP, assuming I were still alive to have such feelings of emasculation. It would probably hurt worse than the bullet itself. I seriously hope we never find ourselves on opposite sides of a spy vs spy fight.

As for the question at hand, I agree that the Civilian is a pretty gruesome looking blade. I do want to give a nod to the ATR though, especially serrated. It's a pretty BAMF. That reminds me, I have a fun photo to post.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Catcherman is a pretty mean slicer when you hold in at the bottom of the handle!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

The most frightening Spydie I have seen recently is a Rubicon being sold by a dealer over here for 500 euro's ($560) :eek:
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

It was pretty scary when I dropped my Yo2 and it stuck deep into the floor with a resounding THUNK!
Good that I have fast reflexes and know how to shuffle my feet when necessary ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

DougC-3 wrote:It was pretty scary when I dropped my Yo2 and it stuck deep into the floor with a resounding THUNK!
Good that I have fast reflexes and know how to shuffle my feet when necessary ;)
Agreed, but my Gayle Bradley stuck in my foot instead of the floor when I dropped it! I didn't think I need to jump out of the way as it was closed when it fell, however it managed to open all the way and lock somehow on it's way down. That's the only thing I'd change on the knife, stronger detent, much stronger.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

spyderg wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:It was pretty scary when I dropped my Yo2 and it stuck deep into the floor with a resounding THUNK!
Agreed, but my Gayle Bradley stuck in my foot instead of the floor when I dropped it! I didn't think I need to jump out of the way as it was closed when it fell, however it managed to open all the way and lock somehow on it's way down. That's the only thing I'd change on the knife, stronger detent, much stronger.
Ouch. I usually try to break the fall of dropped things with my foot to prevent damage, like cell phones and knifes, but I hope I have time to think twice in the future in case one decides to open up on the way down :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
can't freehand

Post by can't freehand »

mrbushido wrote:my vote is the laci szabo any idea how it is? heard that its difficult to open one handed and some probems with the closing helping thing too?

and any other ideas to most awesome looking spyder?

I've owned the Szabo, its nearly impossible to open one-handed. Also, when you do open it one-handed, the massive compression lock pinches the heck out of your hand.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I don't know what would be more frightening, worrying about your feet or the tip breaking off.

I guess maybe the tip breaking off :)

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Able Dog wrote:
I don't know what would be more frightening, worrying about your feet or the tip breaking off.

I guess maybe the tip breaking off :)
How about the tip breaking off in your foot?
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I hadn't even considered that, that definitely wins.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe