Magazines, Periodicals, trade journals?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: Magazines, Periodicals, trade journals?

Post by JD Spydo »

kiwisailor wrote:OK. I've got BOTH hands up here guys.

After doing my Due Diligence which I should have before posting, it seems that William Shakespeare appears
to have worked on the authorised version of the King James Bible.
Even that is not set in stone as there are lots of arguments as the whether it is correct.
It seems that Willi had a habit of Plagiarism.

My unqualified statement has caused me to trawl through endless (literally) realms of theoretical arguments (some rather heated)

Maybe? He wrote Psalm 46

A more humble person prostrates himself before all present. :o
That's extremely interesting that you would hit on Psalm #46 because an old Pastor friend of mine did indeed tell me that William Shakespeare was indeed alive during the time period and very possibly did participate in the project>>yes I had heard that before some time ago. Another good friend of mine who is a graduate of a well known Bible College here in the Kansas City, MIssouri USA told me about the interesting clue found Psalm 46 and said that you could go both ways from front to back on that Psalm and going one way so many words into the Psalm you would get the word "Shake" and going from opposite direction you would arrive at the word "spear" Which he told me that may have been some sort of a code or way of telegraphing that he was possibly indeed part of the team of scholars that helped translate the King James Bible.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying because they way I understood you from the context of your statement was that the entire King James Bible was all written by Shakespeare. I have no doubt that he may have indeed had a role in the project of the King James translation>> because he was a scholar during that time and was indeed alive during that time 1611 which was the completion date of the KJB.

I'm not a Bible Scholar although I wish I was because I find both the Old and New Testaments in the King James translation extremely enlightening and easier to understand than even many of the newer, modern translations that a lot of people adhere to. From what I was told by my scholar friend I referred to earlier is that they translated the King James from what was called the Geneva Bible at that time. And I believe before that the most trusted of the English translations in that era was the Guttenberg Bible done by the guy who invented the printing press i.e. Johann Gutenberg. If there was a misunderstanding I'll be the first to apologize because I thought you were claiming that he did all the King James Bible. I certainly meant no hostility by it at all. I'm just a curious guy trying to learn that all.

Of all the Engllish translations of the Bible I find the King James Bible the most interesting and easy to read and understand for 3 different reasons. It's stood the test of time and scruting first of all. #2 it is still revered among scholars today in spite of the fact that the old English from that time period is pretty accurated in it's meaning up to this present time. and #3 it blows my mind that it's popularity has been constant for over 400 years being it was first completed all the way back to 1611 from what I'm told.

One translation I've tried hard to find and I was told by my friend who is a Bible College graduate is the English Bible entitled "Young's Literal Translation" is the one many modern scholars revere the most and from what I'm also told it may be the most accurate transliteration in modern english up to this time. Sorry I misunderstood you Kiwisailor :) No ill will intended :)