Invitation to the 11th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2015

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: Invitation to the 11th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2015

Post by farnorthdan »

What about the Slysz swayback, this one looks incredible, what the timeline on this one? and thanks for doing the footwork and reporting.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:So..many..questions..don't...know..where...to..start.

Gringo, when you say Millie, are you asking if it was one of the updated models or are you saying it is? Sorry, I'm site I'm reading into things too much.

IG-88, can you provide some more details on the sustain? I don't recognize the name.

Is the Viking to be part of the ethnic series?
I'm saying it. I have no evidence to back my claim but I'm so confident I'll lay a side wager. ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

For those that don't know what the original Swayback looks like:

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Surfingringo wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:So..many..questions..don't...know..where...to..start.

Gringo, when you say Millie, are you asking if it was one of the updated models or are you saying it is? Sorry, I'm site I'm reading into things too much.

IG-88, can you provide some more details on the sustain? I don't recognize the name.

Is the Viking to be part of the ethnic series?
I'm saying it. I have no evidence to back my claim but I'm so confident I'll lay a side wager. ;)
No deal! You've got insider info or something haha.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:For those that don't know what the original Swayback looks like:

Why oh why did you have to do that LC, I want that knife so bad, now I'm going to have to sit here and stare at it for at least 20 minutes :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

It's also a great photo of a great looking knife. As for the Millie, if Gringo is right, it's gonna upset my whole apple cart of a want-list. The mille-2 was at the top of my list for about a year, then I decided it was years out of sight, gave up and took it off my list. If it's coming out I'll have to reshuffle my list again :eek: :confused:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

DougC-3 wrote:It's also a great photo of a great looking knife. As for the Millie, if Gringo is right, it's gonna upset my whole apple cart of a want-list. The mille-2 was at the top of my list for about a year, then I decided it was years out of sight, gave up and took it off my list. If it's coming out I'll have to reshuffle my list again :eek: :confused:

Well, sounds like they showed atleast one knife there that had a functional Stop-lock... could be the next rendition of a Millie...? but who knows how far off from production it is, even if it was the Millie. We'll find out if it's one of these 20 that are able to be shown!
Going back to Caly.