Rubicon picture topic...

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: Rubicon picture topic...

Post by apollo »

I just looked at my techno and Rubicon with my loop. But i can not see a differance. :)
Also i must say i play with mine every day since i have it. (month) And the lock is just like i got it after very very very much flipping!! :D
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Here are some shots of my Rubicon, taken this afternoon off my phone.

apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Nice pictures. :D
Glad to see another brother/Sister of my Rubicon found a good home. ;)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I noticed earlier that the Rubicon's blade is somewhat similar to another larger Spydie...

:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Argh! I'm out of the club. I sold my rubicon.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Argh! I'm out of the club. I sold my rubicon.
Why, I'm not sure I have ever been so on the fence as I am with this one....
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Argh! I'm out of the club. I sold my rubicon.
I'm with you LC, the Rubicon really isn't doing much for me, I will probably keep mine though, it looks nice in the collection but I doubt I will ever carry it, just doesn't fit my hand right and I don't like the way it rides in my pocket not to mention that clip.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Dan summed it up pretty well for me.

I wouldn't say my hands are huge but I do wear a size large glove and I found the Rubicon to be too small to get a good grip on it. When I went to buy it at the store my heart sunk a little when I realized it was too small, but I bought it anyway. It is pretty wide to carry in the pocket comfortably but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. I think my main problem was how easily the polished carbon fiber got marked up. If I was going to use the knife I knew it was going to get scuffed up pretty bad and I just had a hard time deciding what to do with it. In the end it sat in my closet because I didn't have the heart to use it. I don't really have any safe queens. I baby some of my knives but if it doesn't get carried I like to free up the cash for something that will.

It was hands down the nicest knife I've ever owned but I had to let it go. Basically I sold it at a little bit of a loss and the funds went to the PITS folder which I'm eagerly anticipating. I know I'll carry the PITS so I'm good with that.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Regrettably I sold my Rubicon as stated above in my last post of this thread. Luckily Spyderco sent me a new one for the Spyderco contest. Not sure if it is because this one was free, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the last. Took some photos today.

@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very sweet, LC. And very well deserved. ;) Hopefully this one stays in your collection a bit longer. :) It's a real beauty!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice LC, I really do need to get a decent camera...I like free knifes :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks fellas :)

@liquid_cobra