Hunting and fishing related pics (and stories)

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Surfingringo

Re: Hunting and fishing related pics (and stories)

Post by Surfingringo »

Fishing has been awfully good lately. From this morning...

And yes, Spyderco will soon be making a production model of the phil Wilson b&t I am using in the last shot! :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very nice. I am gonna hit the ice tomorrow so I will hopefully have some new pics to throw up.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Very nice. I am gonna hit the ice tomorrow so I will hopefully have some new pics to throw up.
You dog!! LOL!! We got 55 degree temps and rain.. I am so jonesing for ice here!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I haven't been fishing for a few years now but I have a decent story.

There's a state park in my area that has a small pond in the middle. It's a very small park, mostly just a big open field for soccer with a walking path paved around it and some picnic areas throughout. This pond isn't even 1/2 acre big. At the time my brother and I were fishing a lot, and we had talked about seeing if there was anything in this pond but it was so small we figured it was just bluegills and such.

So, we were there for my daughter's birthday. Later in the evening these two guys show up with huge 12 foot surf rods and throw out into this pond. We looked at each other and laughed. About an hour or so later there's some commotion over by the pond. One of them is struggling to hold his rod, which is bent clean over and almost touching the water. It took him a good 20 minutes to drag this thing out of the water. We went over and talked to them, about how we couldn't believe anything was in there let alone this guy. He pulled out his phone and showed me a bunch of pictures of even bigger fish. He said he'd caught 60lb cats out of there, but nobody was allowed to take them because it's a state park so everything was catch and release. He said they feed the pond regularly so everything in there was huge.

You can't tell from that pick but he's about a foot wide. Me and my brother went back the next day and fished it all day but didn't catch a dang thing. I did one time pull out an enormous snapping turtle.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Evil D wrote:I haven't been fishing for a few years now but I have a decent story.

There's a state park in my area that has a small pond in the middle. It's a very small park, mostly just a big open field for soccer with a walking path paved around it and some picnic areas throughout. This pond isn't even 1/2 acre big. At the time my brother and I were fishing a lot, and we had talked about seeing if there was anything in this pond but it was so small we figured it was just bluegills and such.

So, we were there for my daughter's birthday. Later in the evening these two guys show up with huge 12 foot surf rods and throw out into this pond. We looked at each other and laughed. About an hour or so later there's some commotion over by the pond. One of them is struggling to hold his rod, which is bent clean over and almost touching the water. It took him a good 20 minutes to drag this thing out of the water. We went over and talked to them, about how we couldn't believe anything was in there let alone this guy. He pulled out his phone and showed me a bunch of pictures of even bigger fish. He said he'd caught 60lb cats out of there, but nobody was allowed to take them because it's a state park so everything was catch and release. He said they feed the pond regularly so everything in there was huge.

You can't tell from that pick but he's about a foot wide. Me and my brother went back the next day and fished it all day but didn't catch a dang thing. I did one time pull out an enormous snapping turtle.
Nice 1!! My dad has a big pond behind his house and I catch big catfish everytime I go visit.
bearfacedkiller

Had a decent day out on the ice today. It was around 35F and the wind was mild. Better than being at work. :D

Got to use my Swick to cut up some bait and trim some line and it worked great. :)

Swick4 and Cruwear Military at the ready. Oh yeah!

A Kokanee. This was what I was after and I caught a few. They are running right now and the bite is hot. This is about as big as they get in Dillon Reservoir and they make great table fare.

Lastly, not a trophy by any means but my first Arctic Char I have ever caught. Definitely an immature youngin. He was hooked cleanly in the mouth but bled a little. He was still plenty alive when I let him go. I am sure he was fine. Always super duper exciting to catch a new species. :D

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I see someone else is using my method of Swick and CruWear Millie Carharrt carry lol. Nice catch!
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

Finally!!! Icefishing season is here!!!! I caught a few nice crappie, a trio of perch and about 100 fat Bluegills. It was an action packed day and I ended up with a sink full.

-Darby
JT

Post by JT »

Nice!
and those "tigerwood" scales on the Swick are awesome!
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
harronek

Post by harronek »

Wasn't a successful outing so no pics of huge Trophy's :) , but took this pic of Two hard working tools anyway

Ken
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

A buddy and I did a little Crappie fishing down here in North Texas. The Mantra came in handy when I was cutting out those little belly bones.

ImageUntitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr