Post your seconds sale pickups!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PcT

Re: Post your seconds sale pickups!

Post by PcT »

Thanks as ever guys. November would be a good month for me. I guess it's a two edged blade hey? On the one hand we'd like to think the Spyder crew are on their game and kcking out a ton of fine blades while at the same time we want a stocked seconds sale!
I assume that the seconds carry far less value as collectibles?
DougC-3

Re: Post your seconds sale pickups!

Post by DougC-3 »

PcT wrote:Thanks as ever guys. November would be a good month for me. I guess it's a two edged blade hey? On the one hand we'd like to think the Spyder crew are on their game and kcking out a ton of fine blades while at the same time we want a stocked seconds sale!
I assume that the seconds carry far less value as collectibles?
I think that would be safe to say since, I think, most serious collectors prefer flawless examples of brand new knives with boxes, and the seconds aren't boxed and aren't covered by warranty. But I've seen some seconds that are highly sought-after models command very high prices on ebay and frequently nobody can tell why a given knife is a second. Also, some collectors just collect what they want without regard for these unwritten rules about being BNIB, etc :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.