Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by DougC-3 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Radioactive, that's a beautiful Southard scale, reminds me of tortoise shell :)

Thought I'd go with a collage this week :p
Great new change of pace idea, and I know it's legal, because you wrote the rules :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
harronek

Post by harronek »

Ken
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Going back to Caly.
remnar

Post by remnar »

My turn to cook!

Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

DougC-3 wrote: Great new change of pace idea, and I know it's legal, because you wrote the rules :D
Hi Doug and thanks :)

I think too many rules would stunt our creativity. So long as an entry features something "Spyderco", then it's acceptable. I'm still waiting for someone to post a pic of the SFO or a pic of themselves meeting Sal or Eric etc. It all comes down to what the judge for the week likes, the decision belongs to them :)

Everybody here plays 100% fairly and always accept the results in a great spirit. If we ever need to make new rules, I hope we can do that together and reach consensus. At the end of the day the contest belongs to all of us :)

Oh and there is no rule saying that Spyderco staff cannot take part, so Sal if you are reading this you're quite welcome to take a photo of what you have in your pocket this week and enter :D

Jon
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Johnnie1801 wrote: Oh and there is no rule saying that Spyderco staff cannot take part, so Sal if you are reading this you're quite welcome to take a photo of what you have in your pocket this week and enter :D

Jon
^^^^ this... or a selfie! :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

DougC-3 wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote: Oh and there is no rule saying that Spyderco staff cannot take part, so Sal if you are reading this you're quite welcome to take a photo of what you have in your pocket this week and enter :D

Jon
^^^^ this... or a selfie! :D
What a fantastic idea! I'd love to see Sal's beat up super blue Caly 3 or something like that.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Hi guys!

Wow--thanks for selecting me as the winner, Mushroom! And congrats to Mad Mac!

I got back from the USVI at 1:00 a.m. this morning...:eek: Sorry that I was not able to judge on time. Without further ado, here we go:

kosta: cool picture, I like the lighting and the metallic theme
apollo: beautiful picture, and I want your Lil' Temp trailing point
i am travvy: nice gray Military, and neat composition
PeteG: cool effect with the focus/depth of field
greatscott: awesome C27
Mad Mac: wonderful lighting, and good composition
Mushroom: good job demonstrating the utilitarian ability of the Khar Delica
combatjiujitsu: nice nature pic, and good colors
RadioactiveSpyder: stunning Southard scale
SuckSqueezeBangBlow: nice patina
Tdhurl1103: nice EDC shot
Liquid Cobra: we need more dog pictures; nice knife too ;)
Johnnie1801: cool idea, and good pictures
demoncase: great lighting and composition
harronek: great Gayle Bradley shot, it seems to fit your background well
SpeedHoles: good composition, and I love the pic's vignette
remnar: it is good to see some kitchen knives in this thread
Leeroy37: cool night shot; I love GITD

This was another great week of pictures, guys, and it was tough judging. This week, the winner goes to apollo! Apollo's shot has beautiful colors, the lighting on the knife is great, the Lil' Temperance trailing point is a classic, and overall, the picture is very well executed.

This week's runner up goes to SpeedHoles! SpeedHole's shot of the ZDP/CF Stretch seems to be well thought out, the red paint on the wood seems to be a continuation of the red raspberries, and the dark lighting and vignette (darkening of the picture around the edges) gives it a nostalgic feel.

Great job everyone, and again, I'm sorry that the judging was a little delayed.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Thx GoldenSpydie. It took me almost 50 pictures to get the perfect light :D

I have to say you are not the first fellowforumnite to want my Lil T but this baby isnt going anywere its my most precious grail from the golden era ;) :D
kosta

Post by kosta »

I congratulate Apollo and SpeedHoles. :)
My photo the next week.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Attachments
P1011559.jpg
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Here is my new Tusk in the US Virgin Islands during BSA Sea Base. This picture was taken on Honeymoon Beach on the island of St. John. The Tusk is an awesome knife and I will review it if I get the chance.

Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Good grief! Fantastic photos this week have apparently scared away the competition. Well, there is no random picture thread so allow me to use this venue to give a small showy blossom 15 seconds of fame.

This is a Beach Bean 200 miles from the nearest beach. They are known to grow inland sometimes and evidently it likes our sandy soil.

Congratulations to the winner. Glad I'm not the judge. Have a good weekend.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Went out to some trails on the bike and was stopped by a flooded path. As I was stopped I looked down and thought, "Wow, those are some weird looking bugs!" because I saw hundreds of these jumping towards the water. I crouched down to see what they were and realized they were tiny little frogs! :eek:

-Nick :bug-red
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
remnar

Post by remnar »

Leafstorm
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I miss the BBQ :D
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

PM 2 mixing cement :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon