Tan Manix 2 M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MadRookie

Tan Manix 2 M4

Post by MadRookie »

Deleted - inappropriate post.

Please accept my apologies - intention was just asking for advice and some pointers.

Sorry again.

Rookie.

:o
Last edited by MadRookie on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yablanowitz

Re: Tan Manix 2 M4

Post by yablanowitz »

You should know.by now that buy/sell/trade is not allowed here.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

yablanowitz wrote:You should know.by now that buy/sell/trade is not allowed here.
We all know. But I keep wondering why?
OK for sell or trade advertisements I digg it, enough other forums for these options. But if someone is looking for a knife I think it cannot harm. Except for knives that are in production but for the obsolete items I do feel this would be the place to look if you can't find it anywhere else :) Certainly now knife BST is no longer an option.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I think it would be cool if this forum did have a BST forum, but only accessible by members with over 500 posts or something along those lines
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Holland wrote:I think it would be cool if this forum did have a BST forum, but only accessible by members with over 500 posts or something along those lines
I agree that it would be cool to have a BST forum but I think it could create unnecessary problems for Spyderco. It wouldn't be fair if Spyderco get blamed for deals that go sour. However, we have some enterprising and knowledgeable members here so maybe we can set up our own private BST forum. Like you say the forum would be for members here with x amount of posts and then they could apply here to join the BST forum.

I would certainly prefer to deal with members from this site. I think there are some great people here who share the same values and have integrity and fair mindedness.

Jon
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Aside from BF what other sites have good BST?
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Holland wrote:I think it would be cool if this forum did have a BST forum, but only accessible by members with over 500 posts or something along those lines
I agree.. :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bladeforums requires a paid membership to sell and this is free forum. That is a big difference between the two and the paid membership weeds a few bad apples out.

Bladeforums isn't a company selling a product like spyderco. They don't have to worry about the effects of deal gone bad on their reputation. Reputation is everything for spyderco and they probably don't want to deal with that.

This forum is moderated by three people with other full time jobs and they probably have no desire to regulate or monitor a buy/sell/trade section of this forum and all that comes with it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Donut

Post by Donut »

This guy on CPFMP withdrew one less than 2 weeks ago. I would probably PM him to see if he still has it.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showth ... -Withdrawn" target="_blank
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Second-guessing Sal is sort of an assault on wisdom, don't you think?
-Marc (pocketing a Cruwear Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
mattman

Post by mattman »

Bad form, MadRookie, bad form...
Icky Thump

Post by Icky Thump »

Not condoning breaking forum rules whatsoever.

Benchmade sponsers a forum w/ a BST section, Benchmade products only. Very civil, member moderated for the most part. Gentleman rules, flipping and gouging is heavily frowned upon. No paid membership or post requirements..

It would be great to see that here.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Icky Thump wrote:Not condoning breaking forum rules whatsoever.

Benchmade sponsers a forum w/ a BST section, Benchmade products only. Very civil, member moderated for the most part. Gentleman rules, flipping and gouging is heavily frowned upon. No paid membership or post requirements..

It would be great to see that here.
Benchmade is also quite a bit bigger than Spyderco, so they probably have the staff to moderate something along those lines.

There are plenty of other forums that have a B/S/T section, there's no need for one here.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Personally, I would love a BST forum on here (Spydies only of course), but I don't think it would be a good idea for Spyderco, for many reasons that have all been covered.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I think that the main reason that a buy-sell-trade forum is not allowed is that it undercuts Spyderco's dealers. That is also the reason that knives sold via Spyderco directly are at full MSRP.

Secondly, if I were Spyderco, I would not have any interest in mediating disputes over sales and trades. Heck, last week there was a struggle to keep some of our forumites from getting out of line, and that did not involve the exchange of money and/or property.

I would advise shutting down this thread. If there is to be a discussion about the merits of a BST feature here, have it in another thread - not one in which a member is breaking a rule.