How many of you own a Hungarian?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Re: How many of you own a Hungarian?

Post by elena86 »

Being a romanian patriot I'll never purchase or carry a hungarian folder :D A persian maybe :) I hope Dialex will design an ethnic romanian folder ASAP :p
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ookami wrote:I got one, too. It's great!
Not a Spyderco, though. ;)
Ookami
Does it have a lock?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I'm glad I got one of these Spyderco Hungarian folders. It feels really good in the hand, better in person, extremely well-built and a stunning piece. More like a custom piece. Smaller than I thought in a good way and a fairly narrow profile. Another home run from Spyderco's Taichung plant.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

bh49 wrote:Does it have a lock?
Well, it is a slipjoint mechanism, but the spring is extremely strong. It does stay open adamantly; the GF is not even able to open it. The blade moves quite smoothly once you overcome the initial tension of the spring and audibly snaps into position.

You have to be very careful when closing the blade, though, because anything in its path is in peril, as you might imagine. I like to close it deliberately, because if you let is snap shut, the edge tends to smash into the pin at the end of the handle.

It was rather blunt initially, but I fixed that. Now it is a convexed zero-grind and razor sharp. I can see how Hungarian shepherds would be well equipped with one of those knives as a utility blade for their daily chores.

Ookami
BOHAWG

Post by BOHAWG »

I own several and actually carry one on a regular basis.... I don't have any problems disengaging the lock and I too was a lil concerned about the highly polished bolsters..... really good looking knife in my opinion.....I love it! Keeps me from carrying my Persian now!