Spyderco 2014 Lists: Delivered, Coming Soon & Later

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

MacLaren wrote:Sal told me the K2 will be here late summer/early fall.
I think we can declare it late summer :)
Moved K2 from Later to Coming Soon. Elsewhere, I remember Sal mentioning 10 days ago: "Shouldn't be too long."

K2 is going to be the slickest big folder out there. Curious on the weight though.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RamZar wrote:Moved K2 from Later to Coming Soon. Elsewhere, I remember Sal mentioning 10 days ago: "Shouldn't be too long."

K2 is going to be the slickest big folder out there. Curious on the weight though.
You know it man. I can't wait to get one.
I wander about the weight as well.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi RamZar!

Awesome list!
:D I'm really looking forward the Spyderco Slysz Bowie, but AFAIK there aren't any news about it so far. :rolleyes:
Stay Sharp!
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Does the Roadie have a street date yet?
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Why not? People are waiting for it.
Not really a 2014 release to me. (M390 Blue Para) Don't really know how to classify the "continuation dealer exclusives"
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Excellent List, thanks for the work on this. It made me re evaluate my want list. I think the Battlestation moved from my "Don't Want" to "Want" list.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

RamZar wrote:Moved K2 from Later to Coming Soon. Elsewhere, I remember Sal mentioning 10 days ago: "Shouldn't be too long."

I had a chance to hold the K2 at the Blade Show in June. It didn't strike me as being overly heavy--which was surprising given its size and composition of materials. I'd hazard a guess that it will weigh somewhere near the weight of the Ti Millie.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

SpyderNut wrote:I had a chance to hold the K2 at the Blade Show in June. It didn't strike me as being overly heavy--which was surprising given its size and composition of materials. I'd hazard a guess that it will weigh somewhere near the weight of the Ti Millie.
If the K2 with a 4.5" blade and titanium is under 7 ounces it'd be great. Military Titanium is 5.9 ounces with a 4" blade and Szabo is 6.9 ounces with a 4.6" blade.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

RamZar, welcome to the Spyderco forum! I've enjoyed reading this list over on BF, and glad you brought it over here for us to chew on :) . Here's a 2013 BF thread on new models that I especially like to look over every once in a while, and many of these have become reality. Thought some folks who haven't seen it yet might like to drool over the new concepts:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... ion-thread!

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

CXXX wrote:Not really a 2014 release to me. (M390 Blue Para) Don't really know how to classify the "continuation dealer exclusives"
I have put an asterisk next to such items with the designation: Continuation (new batch) of a Sprint Run or Dealer Exclusive.
CXXX

List

Post by CXXX »

RamZar wrote:I have put an asterisk next to such items with the designation: Continuation (new batch) of a Sprint Run or Dealer Exclusive.
Good idea! Thanks again for your work.
RamZar

Re:

Post by RamZar »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:RamZar, welcome to the Spyderco forum! I've enjoyed reading this list over on BF, and glad you brought it over here for us to chew on :) . Here's a 2013 BF thread on new models that I especially like to look over every once in a while, and many of these have become reality. Thought some folks who haven't seen it yet might like to drool over the new concepts:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... ion-thread!

Cheers, Radioactive :)
Lots of interesting stuff in that thread although a year old. It'll take some digesting. I'll see what I can add. Thanks.
mark jeneson

Re: Spyderco 2014 Lists: Delivered, Coming Soon & Later

Post by mark jeneson »

Super psyched for the K2!!! Was hoping to see the Rubicon first, but the K2 will most certainly do!!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I've added the following to the Delivered list on other forums but right now I am unable to edit my past posts on the new phpBB Spyderco Forums.
  1. Lil' Matriarch Plain Edge Dark Blue FRN
  2. Ladybug3 VG-10 FFG Pink FRN
  3. Native LW CTS-XHP Brown FRN
  4. Delica4 Kahr Black/Blue/Khaki FRN
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I was able to edit post #1 with the updates.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Slysz Bowie is apparently somewhat imminent, hopefully this month!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Slysz Bowie is apparently somewhat imminent, hopefully this month!
I've heard it as well as in coming soon perhaps in September.

Moved Slysz Bowie from Later to Coming Soon.
LC Kid

Awesome

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

These are really good news: :)
RamZar wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Slysz Bowie is apparently somewhat imminent, hopefully this month!
I've heard it as well as in coming soon perhaps in September.

Moved Slysz Bowie from Later to Coming Soon.

Since the Slysz Bowie wasn't included in the Mid Year Catalog 2014 I thought we had to wait at least till next year to see it at the Dealers.

Actually I can remember how the Techno made me wait almost two years since it was first shown at the Amsterdam Meeting till it was available for sale.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

I have to think the huge interest in the Techno and now the Slysz Bowie means Sal and the gang will fast track the latter.

I'm on board.

Now if they'd bring that Rock Lobster-ish Slysz kitchen folder to market. That would be an awesome trifecta.
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

Waiting for a Native 5 CF/S110V but in the UK its a long long wait just hope i get one!!
And waiting for the Farid K2 to rear its head too :cool:

Lee