Show your knife and your ride!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
gbelleh

Re: Show your knife and your ride!

Post by gbelleh »

:D. I thought the same thing, but my wife really wanted it. And now I actually like it!
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

3rdGenRigger wrote:No offense, but I'd sooner stab myself in the eye with a rusty spork than drive a Prius.
Lol. That made me laugh out loud. :D My parents always drove Toyotas when I was a kid. Seem like they're decent vehicles, but I prefer my GM's. :cool: Oh, and I also have a little soft spot for my wife's '69 Grande Mustang.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Yeah, we've tried several brands over the years (At home and in the company fleet) and we've always had the best luck with GM's. I have 3 lol.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

There are so many good vehicles out these days it's hard to be so brand loyal without being blind.
Going back to Caly.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

SpeedHoles wrote:There are so many good vehicles out these days it's hard to be so brand loyal without being blind.
Only with certain vehicle types. Not as many brand choices when it comes to 1-ton diesel pickup trucks.

---> Branden
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:There are so many good vehicles out these days it's hard to be so brand loyal without being blind.
Only with certain vehicle types. Not as many brand choices when it comes to 1-ton diesel pickup trucks.
True that. I still miss my long-box '93 Chevy 3500HD with the 6.5 turbo diesel. :( That puppy would get up and hustle like nobody's business. Too bad we blew the heads on her. :o :o
victorf

Post by victorf »

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Great Vette! Now all we need (Considering the photos you've already posted about regearing the rearend etc.) is a great burnout video LOL. Do it!

---> Branden
victorf

Post by victorf »

Got a set of drag tires you can send me? :D
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

victorf wrote:Got a set of drag tires you can send me? :D
Drag tires have too much grip for great burnouts...you want hard cheapie tires. I can roast the cheapie set on my folks factory '99 C5 with no problem because they're, well, cheap.

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
Drag tires have too much grip for great burnouts...you want hard cheapie tires. I can roast the cheapie set on my folks factory '99 C5 with no problem because they're, well, cheap.

Well with drag tires you need to burn them to clean them off in staging and heat them up for grip!
But yeah, many vehicles may suffer more stress on drive train parts due to the increased grip.

Look at the rash of failures of prop shafts on the new Hellcats from owners adding slicks and doing hard launches trying to get 60fts down! That is a lot of power under a heavy vehicle though...
Going back to Caly.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

SpeedHoles wrote:
3rdGenRigger wrote:

Well with drag tires you need to burn them to clean them off in staging and heat them up for grip!
But yeah, many vehicles may suffer more stress on drive train parts due to the increased grip.

Look at the rash of failures of prop shafts on the new Hellcats from owners adding slicks and doing hard launches trying to get 60fts down! That is a lot of power under a heavy vehicle though...
707 horses is a lot...but 4400 pounds is also a lot for a 2 door car...

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Ha yep. My lowered 2006 Silverado 1500 reg. cab short bed z71 weighs the same, and has 4wd...
Going back to Caly.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

SpeedHoles wrote:Ha yep. My lowered 2006 Silverado 1500 reg. cab short bed z71 weighs the same, and has 4wd...
Not many would lower a 4x4...I can understand the rationale but ground clearance is a must for making it up my driveway at times.

My '05 Canyon crew cab weighs only 600 pounds more, and I've added some goodies. That said though...I wish my Canyon made 707 horsepower. Not sure what my '64 Impala weighs, but I'm sure it isn't light, and I'll bet my '77 K5 isn't light either.

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Ha yep. My lowered 2006 Silverado 1500 reg. cab short bed z71 weighs the same, and has 4wd...
Not many would lower a 4x4...I can understand the rationale but ground clearance is a must for making it up my driveway at times.

My '05 Canyon crew cab weighs only 600 pounds more, and I've added some goodies. That said though...I wish my Canyon made 707 horsepower. Not sure what my '64 Impala weighs, but I'm sure it isn't light, and I'll bet my '77 K5 isn't light either.

Looks like fun out there flexin' in the fields!

That's why I have the lifted black 02 Sierra that I posted a page back.
Nobody expects the lowered z71 in the summer though. Can go from doing rolling burnouts in 2wd at one stoplight, to hooking 1.7x 60fts on the street in 4-hi from the next light...
I pull the insurance from it in the winter and just park it in the shop with a cover, so it's never seen salt or anything.
Going back to Caly.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

SpeedHoles wrote:

Nobody expects the lowered z71 in the summer though. Can go from doing rolling burnouts in 2wd at one stoplight, to hooking 1.7x 60fts on the street in 4-hi from the next light...
I pull the insurance from it in the winter and just park it in the shop with a cover, so it's never seen salt or anything.
Nothing better than a locking rear diff in the winter with no weight in the back...I love nothing more than driving everywhere sideways during winter, which is half the year here lol.

---> Branden
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

Nothing better than a locking rear diff in the winter with no weight in the back...I love nothing more than driving everywhere sideways during winter, which is half the year here lol.

Haha yes! There should be a "like" button on this post.

Just went to Sno*Drift rally last weekend and saw all the rally cars sliding sideways everywhere. Was a blast.
Going back to Caly.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

this is my 4x4. its an Isuzu Dmax, built on the same platform as your GM Colorado I think? I've since added a winch and larger rubber since these photos were taken.

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:this is my 4x4. its an Isuzu Dmax, built on the same platform as your GM Colorado I think? I've since added a winch and larger rubber since these photos were taken.

Same chassis...different motor. Nice!

---> Branden
victorf

Post by victorf »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
Right you are!

I am in the market for a set to run on the street to max out!

So....was hoping you could send me a set, then the Michelin on car now can go up in smoke! :D

All jokes aside.

Nice 4X4s on nasty conditions, fellas!

Reminded me of my long gone tricked out IH Scout II, on lava rocks, mud and sands. Only thing common is nasty but without the "COLD"!

Aloha!