Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

There's a couple S90V Yo 2's in the mail for me somewhere....in some form or another...be it materials being mailed TO Spyderco, or perhaps completed knives being mailed from Spyderco to KW. They're in the mail one way or another, but not necessarily in the mail TO me :(
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:Is that your first 3.5 ZDP Roman or is this a pre-need replacement?
This is the first. I used to have Caly3 CF/ZDP, but never warm-up to that blade. I sold it just couple month ago. But recently I became curious about ZDP and sharpening of this steel. Caly3.5 became obvious choice, so I bought used on e-bay. Just received. Guess what, the seller sent me Black blades partially serrated BM Adamas instead :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. The knife is a monster. The box was heavy and I was thinking what is going on until I opened it. I hope to resolve this. He has fairly good rating 99+% Life is full of surprises. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:This is the first. I used to have Caly3 CF/ZDP, but never warm-up to that blade. I sold it just couple month ago. But recently I became curious about ZDP and sharpening of this steel. Caly3.5 became obvious choice, so I bought used on e-bay. Just received. Guess what, the seller sent me Black blades partially serrated BM Adamas instead :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. The knife is a monster. The box was heavy and I was thinking what is going on until I opened it. I hope to resolve this. He has fairly good rating 99+% Life is full of surprises. :)
:eek: :eek: :eek: I just hope your Caly 3.5 isn't in the hands of some bad man and being tortured... LOL. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. I love my 3.5 ZDP and perhaps will carry it tomorrow to honor your extended wait.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Thank you. I knew I can rely on you (except Jester's color :D )
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:Thank you. I knew I can rely on you (except Jester's color :D )
We can't always have perfect taste (re: your choice of jester color :D )
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

After I got my manix cruwear sprint 2 weeks ago I ordered a byrd meadowlark hawkbill (serrated) and a orange delica today ;)

Guess they will be great work horses.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

UPS should be delivering my whale rescue today
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Manix2 Cruwear inbound. I tried very hard to hold off but I love my Cruwear Military and don't own a manix2 yet so here goes. I always said i was gonna wait for a sprint so I could get the skeletonized liners. :-)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Manix2 Cruwear inbound. I tried very hard to hold off but I love my Cruwear Military and don't own a manix2 yet so here goes. I always said i was gonna wait for a sprint so I could get the skeletonized liners. :-)
You made the right choice!

I'm waiting at the border to pick up my S35VN PM2. Waiting at the border feels longer when there is a Spyderco waiting for you on the other side.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

That's exciting LC, I just wait ravenously staring out the window for the white and blue mail truck like a slobbering Cujo!

Drool levels are at max output: tomorrow's mail brings a Worker and the holiest of holies (sorry, no offense to the religious folks) --- the CF S110V Native 5. I may need an IV to recover the fluid loss!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That makes for a pretty awesome new knife day Radioactive! Pics when you get a chance.

Well, it was a 12 hour trip today. A really long wait at the border and then we decided to drive to Seattle to check out the zoo. I picked up my package as soon as I got across but didn't have much time to look it over as we needed to get back on the road. It was kind of weird because it was one of the first Spydies I've received with finger prints on the blade. But the weirder part was the green stuff on the bevel. I was able to pick it off with my finger, no biggie. The edge needed a touch up so when I got in I touched it up with the sharpmaker. It is super sharp now. I really like the brown. Anyway, off to bed.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
animportant

Post by animportant »

Cf yo2 when it drops. I hope it takes a while because I have to hide my mail from girlfriend it's been a month of pure knife gluttony :)
:spyder:Sage 1, 3, 4, SB Manbug & Delica, KW CF S90v Yojimbo, Cruwear Manix, Elmax PM2, Chokwe, XHP Native 4, Smurf Tenacious, Serrata, M390 Mule, Swick 3:spyder:

:spyder:Wish-list: Slysz Bowie, Southard Flipper, Techno, Bushcraft, Schemp Rock:spyder:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Foundry. The guy finally shipped it, and it will arrive tomorrow.

:D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Way to go Ruben! ;) . You know we (I) need pics GS! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:We can't always have perfect taste (re: your choice of jester color :D )
Right. :)
Still waiting for my Caly3.5 ZDP. May be this will sounds crazy, but I cannot wait to sharpen it. Just curiosity.

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:Right. :)
Still waiting for my Caly3.5 ZDP. May be this will sounds crazy, but I cannot wait to sharpen it. Just curiosity.
I think you'll like this one, Roman. A real super steel in a real little big knife... or big little knife :confused: Very discrete carry, with a blade longer than the Manix, and significantly longer reach when both are gripped behind the choil. But you already have 3.5's, just not with ZDP.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

2 x Natives...

CF S110v & Fluted Ti & 2 x Mules PSF27.......

Xmas is here.....

:)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

hehehe.....looks like it! Good job Rookie :)
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

2 mules 19 coming my way, first time mule owner
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

It's been a busy month. Received another fluted Ti Millie, Mule 19, (finally) received my S110V/CF Native (with C133SET Bug, Honeybee, Grasshopper), a replacement Yojimbo 2, a backup Cruwear Manix, and a Tenacious for a nephew.

On the way is a backup S110V/CF Native, CTS-204P/Blue G10 Domino, and Serge Pachenko Dog Tag Folder with Benchmade 940-1 in S90V (only my second-ever Benchmade).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)