Cant remember knife company!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Medic

Cant remember knife company!

Post by Medic »

Hey guys,

I am trying to recall a knife company or should I say custom knife designer who made primarly folders from what I remember. They were very expensive (cheapest I remember one being was ~800+. The average was 1-4 thousand. Anyway, I have searched google for the past 2 days and cannot remember the maker at all. I dont know what other way to describe the knives besides they were beautiful. He made lots of damascus steel blades, exotic woods, titanium, very very detailed, colored spines, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Also I can be wrong here but I think his website was rather dark and eery, lots of blood red, black, skulls, etc!
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Brian Tighe? I know he uses Damasteel, titanium, and puts a lot of detail work into his knives. Maybe colored spines too? Don't know about the wood though.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Way too many knife makers to pinpoint one without a name. Also, beauty is subjective.
EDIT: I just scoured the interwebs long list of custom knife makers and didn't even make a dent in the list of makers. I did, however find a maker(Shadow Tech Knives) who makes custom Karambits that are really cool. Probably going to pick one up. So, thanks OP.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Medic

Post by Medic »

Someone has to know who I am speaking of, perhaps someone can provide me with a knife makers/custom knife builders name list and maybe a name will jump out at me?
Again the site was very demonic, lots of skulls and darkness. The knives were beautiful!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

AZ Custom Knives probably has the most comprehensive maker list you'll find - https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/makerListing.aspx.
Clip

Post by Clip »

Todd Begg?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Michael Walker?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Look in all the major Knife Magazines like Blade, Knives Illustrated and Tactical Knives. You will eventually find him in there.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Mike Snody?
Clip

Post by Clip »

Sal Glesser?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Clip wrote:Sal Glesser?
Hehehehehehe! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Medic

Post by Medic »

Shane Taylor's private collection reminds me of his work, but the guy I am thinking of has just as much detail but they are typically not graphic images on the blades
and definitely come *** as more usable (if you want them to be) then Taylor's knives
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Honestly, we need more details. There are a $#!%load of custom knife-makers that could be the one based on the info. you've given us so far.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: