who has a karahawk?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

who has a karahawk?

Post by Popsickle »

who has a karahawk? what are your thoughts? I've always been intrigued by karambits, and finally have one coming :)
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have one, but haven't actually carried it yet. I don't have any martial arts/knife training. At work I tend to carry my knives down in my pocket rather than clipped where they are visible, and with the "finger ring" the karahawk is pretty large in the pocket.

I sometimes carry my other hawkbills (SpyderHawk, Tasman, etc) but haven't played with my karahawk enough to be comfortable with it yet.

I haven't got around to searching for karambit demonstrations on you-tube yet.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I have one. I've carried it a lot since Xmas. It is hands down the thinnest spyderco I own. The emerson wave feature is very handy. I've been meaning to do a little write up about the knife but haven't had the time.

Until then, I'll just say that I love it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
3Speedyfish3

Post by 3Speedyfish3 »

I really like my Karahawk. It is a solid knife and an interesting interpretation. I like that it is more slim than another one made by some earnest fellow. I wrote an article with quite a few photos here: http://bladebarrelbezel.com/2013/12/24/ ... fe-review/
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Handled my friend's Emerson! He has also handled Spyderco's version and stated that the Emerson was built a little stouter when I asked him about the Karambit by Spyderco! :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So Popsickle did you get one? How do you like it?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra