Yojimbo 2: Still Your Choice?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gnlw

Yojimbo 2: Still Your Choice?

Post by gnlw »

Now that the excitement seems to have died down over the initial introduction of the Yojimbo 2, is it still your choice for carry and use?

It is for me. I know it's designed for self-defense, but I use it like a box cutter for everyday cutting chores. It has a great combination of power and control. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's just a great design. Hats off to Michael Janich and Spyderco!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I carry mine almost everyday. Works great for everyday chores.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DelicateEndurance

Post by DelicateEndurance »

Yes, it's still in the rotation. Light and compact knife with a good blade shape for day-to-day urban use (i.e. opening packages and letters). Never underestimate how important a light knife is in EDC. :)
phaust

Post by phaust »

Yep, it's been my most carried knife since I got it.
BatCountry9

Post by BatCountry9 »

It's in my core EDC rotation. I'll take it out of my pocket when I get something new, but it's never long before I'm carrying it again. Fun to play with, too. Love the compression lock.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

I just carry whichever knife I'm feeling for awhile
Carried Yojimbo 2 a bit 2 weeks ago though, great knife
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Absolutely.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Thanks, guys, for your continued enthusiasm for the Yo2. The feedback I've received on it has been overwhelmingly positive and the fact that many people have adopted it as a primary carry piece is humbling. I'm very grateful for your trust in the design.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Trying again...

MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

I carried mine for a few weeks, but ended up using my keychain Ladybug for opening packages and such because I was so afraid of breaking the tip off of the Yojimbo 2. All it takes is one fall onto the concrete :eek: Ask me how I know :(

I've been using my Para 2 lately, because if I snap the tip off of that (more likely to happen, than not) I can grind it down to a slight drop point and have it remain looking good.

I still carry the Yojimbo 2 every once in a while, and always will I'm sure.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Michael Janich wrote:Thanks, guys, for your continued enthusiasm for the Yo2. The feedback I've received on it has been overwhelmingly positive and the fact that many people have adopted it as a primary carry piece is humbling. I'm very grateful for your trust in the design.

Stay safe,

Mike
Hopefully you and Sal and the gang take this as a sign that we all need some sprints! If nothing else I would LOVE to have a plain old S30V version in DLC...that would be a dream come true. All black hardware and black liners too please.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:Hopefully you and Sal and the gang take this as a sign that we all need some sprints! If nothing else I would LOVE to have a plain old S30V version in DLC...that would be a dream come true. All black hardware and black liners too please.
I would like to second this if I could.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Does anyone have a comparison pic with a Breeden Rescue? Hearing about how everyone uses theirs for utility work has me thinking I should pick one up to bump the Rescue out of my backpack for everyday chores.

(and it is nice to justify another new knife purchase. :) )
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Yes, it has definitely found a place in my EDC rotation. I finally carried one everyday for an entire month and was surprised by it's versatility. I used it mainly for typical office tasks and light trimming of potted plants. However, I did not used it for food prep.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:Does anyone have a comparison pic with a Breeden Rescue? Hearing about how everyone uses theirs for utility work has me thinking I should pick one up to bump the Rescue out of my backpack for everyday chores.

(and it is nice to justify another new knife purchase. :) )
Ask and ye shall receive...

@liquid_cobra
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Ask and ye shall receive...
WOW! Thanks a million!!! For some reason in my head the Yojimbo was a much larger knife than the Breeden, but it actually looks much more slimmed down, and pointier!

I think the Yo2 just jumped to the top of the "must have" list! The search begins... :)

Thanks again!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'm still waiting for the S90V CF yojimbo to drop then I'll be carrying it pretty frequently
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I'm carrying mine right now. It has found a comfortable spot in my rotation.
:spyder:
Dan
Invective

Post by Invective »

I love my Yojimbo 2. It's been one of my most consistent users. I might pick up other knives and use them for a bit, but then I'll get bored and put them away in storage but the Yo2 seems to always find a way back into my pocket.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

will try it if i can snag an s90v one