I'll see your Spyderco and raise you another!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Re: I'll see your Spyderco and raise you another!

Post by GoldenSpydie »

True. I went back in time and fixed it. We'll wait for the 24 hour rule.

Maybe there could be a category called "Non SKU Items" where we could put the balance game, the bags, the stickers, the pens, etc.
Invective

Post by Invective »

That sounds like a good suggestion. We've gotten over 800 items, adding in a few more won't hurt :D
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

IG-88 wrote:I can also convert them in page numbers.
Thank you very much for doing it, your good work for this fun thread is outstanding!

More and more I read, members are out of knives ... Spyderco makes their money with knives and other good ideas they sell us ... think about it and give Spyderco future :)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

GSO's Image List

Image There will be mistakes, so when you find them, just chuck me an PM and I will fix them.

Total Image = 806

Couldn’t do this list without Spydiewiki.
The guys have done a great job there.
Last edited by IG-88 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Peter1960 wrote: Thank you very much for doing it, your good work for this fun thread is outstanding!
Peter, thank you for the kind words!
GoldenSpydie wrote:True. I went back in time and fixed it. We'll wait for the 24 hour rule.

Maybe there could be a category called "Non SKU Items" where we could put the balance game, the bags, the stickers, the pens, etc.
Invective wrote:That sounds like a good suggestion. We've gotten over 800 items, adding in a few more won't hurt :D
I'm also running very low, only 2 items with a SKU left in my collection and they are not even knives. Opening it to other stuff would please me as well, I have pens, Amsterdam meet badges, goodie bags, catalogues in all forms,... does that all count? Where do we draw the line? Or is there no line and is everything fair game? Now I think about it I do have 150 knife boxes :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I vote for everything--I have a lot of that stuff myself. How about different sizes of Spyder hole cut outs? Or would that only count as one item?

As for boxes though...wouldn't that be a little like parts kits? The boxes are already sort of in the list, because the knives are already in.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I vote for everything--I have a lot of that stuff myself. How about different sizes of Spyder hole cut outs? Or would that only count as one item?

As for boxes though...wouldn't that be a little like parts kits? The boxes are already sort of in the list, because the knives are already in.
I think every hole should count ;) And I think there are a lot of different types of boxes which would count as seperate items as well then ;) You see its hard to agree on without SKU but we'll get there
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Seeing as how most people are running pretty low on playable items (pretty sure I ran out a few months ago), it might be time to welcome the chaos-inducing Non-SKU items. I don't even have any of those to play, so it doesn't really help me, but i really look forward to this game continuing.

For the love of the game, allow non-SKUs!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

For the boxes: how about this? Each knife box doesn't count, but a different style of box does. For instance, the standard red/black/gold bug box could be played only once. And then someone could play the gray spyder web box, and the white/blue box, etc.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Unless I'm misunderstanding, playing boxes seems a bit much to me (and pretty boring to see 800 boxes of knives already played come through). I would consider the box part of the knife.

Assuming we're talking about box style, that seems reasonable.
Last edited by gbelleh on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red-white
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I am fine with other non SKU items. I only have a few regular items left to play anyway. Thanks to IG-88 for the hard work maintaining that daunting list. I am surprised we have not has sal bomb us with at least one raise throughout the competition. Thanks again to all who make this game fun and interesting.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

gbelleh wrote:Unless I'm misunderstanding, playing boxes seems a bit much to me (and pretty boring to see 800 boxes of knives already played come through). I would consider the box part of the knife.
I agree. 800 boxes is just over kill.

If we insist on playing boxes (which is fine with me), then I suggest that we only count the box style, which would lower it to under 10 boxes.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Let play them non-SKU items ImageImageImage
Invective

Post by Invective »

I think lately, where there have been very little raises done within the 18 hour window and a lot more being either 18 hour or 24 hour raises, we could allow the non-SKU items with little change in how the game is now. When it first started we had tons of raises coming sometimes three per day, and now it seems like everything is an 18 hour or 24 hour raise. And since we're all running out of SKU items as well, we can't just let the thread die.

Also, dang IG-88 thanks for updating the list like that!! Seems like it'd have taken a long time!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Augh...jumped the gun by an hour. I guess I forgot to change my time zone in the new PHP forum, so my watch said it was time.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

24 hours :)

I'll raise the Spyderco Everest. Probably should go under C01? It could be "C01P - Everest PE - Page 98 - GoldenSpydie" or something like that.

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Nice raise, a rare 1991 model with the blade of the Worker and the handle of the Pro-Venator.
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
gbelleh wrote:If we insist on playing boxes (which is fine with me), then I suggest that we only count the box style, which would lower it to under 10 boxes.
I think there would be more than 10 styles, especially if you count the different sizes / colors. There are also clam packs, bags (leather / plastic for the old Sharpmakers), boxes (cardboard for the WTC), pouches, sleeves (some kitchen models) and probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Great job on the list GI-88, Image Well done mate.

I like the plan for the non SKU plays.

Image One question though.
If this suggestion is taken on, what would the photo be of?
GoldenSpydie wrote:I vote for everything--I have a lot of that stuff myself. How about different sizes of Spyder hole cut outs? Or would that only count as one item?
If it was a photo of the knife, then the Spyder hole is just a missing piece of steel
It’s a missing part and how you take a photo of something that is missing, not there?

Then again; a Spydie hole is not the part that is missing; it is the place where the part is missing from!

You could take a photo of the Spyder hole without the knife; Image but what would the photo be of.

But a hole a have must have edges; Image I mean if a hole didn’t have edges you would never know how big they were and we would all be engulfed.

So if a hole has an edge; is the edge part of the hole or part of the knife?

If the photo is of the hole, should it be taken of it with or without the edge?

And.. and..if it is without the edge… Image … No sorry this is all to much to confusing for me.

Image No photos of holes please.
Invective

Post by Invective »

bengaiser wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:
gbelleh wrote:If we insist on playing boxes (which is fine with me), then I suggest that we only count the box style, which would lower it to under 10 boxes.
I think there would be more than 10 styles, especially if you count the different sizes / colors. There are also clam packs, bags (leather / plastic for the old Sharpmakers), boxes (cardboard for the WTC), pouches, sleeves (some kitchen models) and probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting.
Yeah, I just counted up my boxes and I have 14 and I have a small collection compared to many here. I imagine many fixed blades have unique boxes since that is where many of my boxes are from. Going off just mine, there are the

Red/black boxes for small knives, big knives, Mules, kitchen knives, and larger fixed blades (Schempp Rock and co), Clipitool box
Gray boxes for small knives, big knives, fixed blades (Temperance)
White box for large knives, Japanese white box for MeerKat
Blue box
Plastic See-Through boxes (I have one for the Yang and one for the WoodLander,)

And I'm sure there are many more as well, but I think it would be cool to see all the different types of boxes Spyderco has made as well.

They've certainly gotten a lot nicer from the original small blue ones.