What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: What Spydeco is in your pocket today??

Post by bearfacedkiller »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:I use my SB Dragonfly 2 for them same little tasks.

Just ordered the Wenger version of your SAK but without the pliers. Evowood 18. Pretty excited to finally get one.
The pliers are a thick layer and add a bit of weight and they don't come with a backside tool so if you don't need them then don't get them. I do use them often myself but for many it may not be worth it. The evowood looks cool.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
timlara

Post by timlara »

bearfacedkiller wrote: I love Odells. We have a lot of great beer in Colorado and for many years I believe we have led the charge in craft beer with California and Oregon and a couple others doing very well too. There are some amazing breweries springing up now all over the country, a lot of them in the midwest. I am a bit of a beer snob and try every beer I can get my hands on and I do not think there is a brewery that I like as much as Odells. Sure, there are some breweries that do some more eccentric brews and some that have some crazy stuff and even some that have beers that I absolutely love but in the end I believe Odells has the best product line and every beer they brew is a home run. I love the summer seasonal Saint Lupulin even more and it is my favorite beer hands down. Sadly it is gone for the winter but thankfully as we return to Mountain Standard Time we also return to this wonderful beer called Mountain Standard. Clever name for a seasonal brew here in Colorado. :)
Couldn't agree more. Love Odells. I used to buy Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale all the time until my local store stopped carrying it for some reason, but then I found the Mountain Standard which is very similar but even better, IMO. And brewed locally to boot! Their Myrcenary is a favorite of mine as well. Also a big fan of Oskar Blues here in Colorado.

(Sorry to go a little off topic, but I assume there are a lot of beer fans on the forum since there are also a lot of "foodies" and the two seem to go hand in hand. :) )
bearfacedkiller

Yup, love the Myrcenary. Stone is good too. Arrogant Bastard was a favorite of mine years ago when I thought that the hoppier a beer was the better it was. I am still a hop head but my palate has gotten slightly more refined after living in Colorado for 8 years and going to so many beer festivals. I have a buddy who brews for Avery and am able to score some pretty special brews from there. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
endgame

Post by endgame »

manix cruewear black damascus strech.im hoping to get another strech in the blue nijitian fiber and a cruewear in a trade.I love the grey textured g10 on the manix great grip just like the forum native 5.spyderco damascus realy blings out I wish they used it on more knives.I would love it on a manix or pm2 with cf scales or ti.I have the cali 3 damascus and it gets lazer sharp with the vg10 core it also holds it.the design on the damascus is so crisp and deep I just love it.I had the endura and delica but sold then cause of no pocket clip.
sal

Post by sal »

Prototype Endura with HAP 40 blade.

sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

sal wrote:Prototype Endura with HAP 40 blade.

sal
Wow! Tell us more :D

Chap 2 today

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

sal
:D

I would say pics or it didn't happen like we usually do but I know pics of protos are not allowed.

What color is it? Can you give us that? Burnt orange? ;)
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Oh sweet Jesus! I want a Domino done up like that. Steve has him some skills. I vote for a new thread with all these mods in it.

BFK as far as the food over here they rock a lot of Curry and Kabobs like you would think and rice with EVERYTHING. Spicy is the order of the day and if you can't scoop it up with Naan or eat it with your fingers forget about it. Naan being flat bread like a thin tortilla. Shomlay is this drink they have that is mostly water and yogurt mixed together. Good stuff.
Thanks Harley, you'll like this Domino then! :) Having something exactly like this is what started me thinking about contacting Steve to begin with. Both the Dice and Domino come from the same piece of stock. I'll definitely get a thread going soon, lots more to show! ;) Cheers, Radioactive :)

P.S. Indian place is too far away for tonight, but the Thai place is close! Yum!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

sal
You do tease us so! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

bearfacedkiller wrote:It is official. She is out of the box for good. Thanks Branden! :) I am gonna finally start enjoying this thing. My S110v forum Native is the only other knife I have been reluctant to use. It will see daylight someday too. Just don't know when.
Heh...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the performance of 204P compared to S30V...I know I was, and I also prefer the green G10 scales. I carry my Forum Native occasionally as a dressier knife when I'm not at work, but it doesn't see work carry because I'd be very unhappy if anything were to happen to it. If I had a CF S110V Native it would get carried at work, but the Forum knife is too special for such banal use.

sal
What can you tell us about the steel Sal? I'm not familiar with it.

I was going to carry my OD Goddard today, but we were taking down a 100ft cedar pole so I brought my CruWear Millie in case I needed to mark the wood in places for chainsawing into manageable chunks after it was on the ground (Which I ended up doing). Not a good picture, but I was running the crane and didn't have time for anything better.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very cool photo Branden!

Currently fondling my new (used) sage 4

-Spencer

Rotation:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I held one of those and almost bought it, but went with the Sage 3 instead because I didn't have a bolt action lock or cubic check carbon fiber in my collection. I do need some wood in my collection, but I'll probably go the custom scale route for that on one of my other models. If the bolsters on the Sage 4 were smaller so there was more wood I'd have probably bought it.

---> Branden
Holland

Post by Holland »

I wish the bolster was smaller as well. Wood handles are growing on me a lot, I'm seriously debating buying a chaparral 1 and getting wood scales made and sending it off for a regrind.

On that note, I'm planning on sending away my sage 4, Manix 2 s110v, and chaparral 2 for regrinds.
I'm gonna get the manic 2 reground to 2 or 2.5 mm spine. I'll let you try it out when I eventually get it all done
-Spencer

Rotation:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Sounds good...if you want to take my CruWear Manix, Caly Jr., Kiwi4, or Worker for a whirl you're more than welcome to.

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

If the sage4 had a smaller bolster made from brass I would have bought one for sure.

A reground Chaparral will be a wicked slicer.
-Darby
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

S90V Manix 2XL
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

RadioactiveSpyder

All this talk of beer prompted this pic! :) I'm a huge New Belgium fan myself (these guys have such a cool logo though), since we're talking about awesome Colorado beers. I spent 6 glorious years in Fort Collins, and the best weekend of the year was always brew fest!

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Wharncliffe Wednesday

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bearfacedkiller

Wharncliffe wednesday? Sure, I am easily persuaded. It doesn't take much to get the Centofante4 in my pocket. I love this thing.

Stone certainly has some great brews especially for the hop head. They also have a great marketing campaign with the Ruination, Arrogant Bastard and Sublimely Self Righteous names and the Gargoyle logo. I got this super heavy bottle opener as a groomsman gift a while back. It must weigh at least a pound.

Figured I would keep the blueprint theme going too. :)
-Darby